DD Plus not showing on VSX 21 THX - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
DD Plus not showing on VSX 21 THX

Hi,

I posted a similar thread on the audio set up forum.

I have a Pioneer VSX21THX 1.3 (non 3D and not ARC) receiver, LG55EC9300 smart TV and a Samsung Dual HDMI BD Player BD-J7500 .

Set up is

STB hdmi into receiver and hdmi from receiver into tv
BD payer hdmi VIDEO into TV, hdmi for audio into receiver
Optical audio cable from TV into receiver

When viewing smart apps (Netflix) FROM the BD player I get the DDPlus signal coming out of the BD's 2nd hdmi. Great full sound.

When accessing Netflix from the LG TV which uses the digital optical out cable, the receiver displays DD, not DD Plus. I have the TV set to the Digital audio out and the only setting for the audio is "Auto" or PCM. If set to PCM the signal on the receiver is Stereo. When set to Auto (whatever that is) it is showing as DD. From what I have read the DDPlus should be carried by the Optical cable but at a lesser rate.

Can you explain why the receiver is showing a DD signal and not the DDPlus signal? Is there a setting on the receiver I am missing?

Don't get me wrong, the sound is still good, I'm just curious as to why it is different. I am trying to get the best PQ and best sound out of each source and try to underdtand this a bit more.

Thanks for all of the help.

Vito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 04:58 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4484 Post(s)
Liked: 2401
Optical cannot pass DD+.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page