Multizone Home Audio + WiFi Receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Multizone Home Audio + WiFi Receiver

Hi All,

I just moved into a house that has been wired for home audio. I am definitely interested in being able to control the audio with my iPhone, via Wifi. I was thinking of getting the Sonos Connect and connecting that to my receiver (previous owner left an old Yamaha receiver that seems to work fine). I was curious if this is the best option for me, and also if my home is capable of multizone audio? I'm thinking it's not, but unsure. Here is the setup:

- There are a pair of speakers in the master bedroom, living room, kitchen, and basement.
- Each pair has its own in-wall volume control knob
- The receiver for the entire system is in basement, and has stereo wire coming from the receiver to two terminals in the wall (left and right side). On the terminals in the wall it says "to amplifier".

I haven't been able to find this amplifier, perhaps it's in the wall? Maybe each pair of speakers has it's own amplifier? I'm pretty new at this, so I really just don't know; but the fact that I really only see one input to the system tells me that I probably cannot make a multi-zone system.

Any help you can offer is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 06:18 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked: 2406
Wouldn't it be easier to just ask the previous owner? What model Yamaha?

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors