AVS Forum banner

Integrated Amp Advice

312 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  st61980 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So recently, my wife granted me permission to purchase some new speakers, B&W CM8 S2. They sounded great in the store but after listening to them at home, they are ehhh.

Major reason is because my receiver is underpowered. It's a Denon AVR-e300. It was nice with my previous Pioneer speakers.

This is where I need some help. What is the cheapest integrated amp that will sufficiently power the CM8 S2s? Budget is $600.

Or should I just return them and get a better setup of both an integrated amp and speakers? Since Im going to return the speakers, my budget would be $2500.

I'm 80% music, 20% TV and movie.

Thanks

#2 ·
chances are you are wrong. Chances are that until you hit "it hurts" sound levels you are not using more than a couple of watts for average levels, you would have amp distortion, which up to say ten percent thd or so sounds louder and excitinger if you are running out of power.

Long time since I auditioned bws but I really liked them, which probably means they tend to be a bit turned down in the presence range, somewhere between 2and 4 KHz. Might not work well in your room . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.