AVS Forum banner

SubEQ HT

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Jack Gilvey 
#1 ·
Is this part of Audyssey XT32 setup these days for newer amps? or is it still just for a lucky few higher end amps. If so is their a list of amps with this feature I can reference?

#2 ·
All current and former Denon and Marantz models with XT32 also include Sub EQ HT. It was only some of the former Onkyo/Integra models that did not include Sub EQ HT with some of their XT32 models (eg. 818 and 929); however, as of 2014, Onkyo/Integra models no longer use Audyssey. For 2014 and 2015 models, if you want XT32, only options will be Denon and Marantz.

#3 ·
mgalas, the lists of some legacy and current units with SubEQ HT are in this section of the Audyssey FAQ: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...udyssey-thread-faq-post-51779-a-1726.html#a14.

I believe the legacy list only dates back to about the 2013 model year. There are older Onkyo models (TX-NR_008's and TX-NR_009's and equivalent Integras) and the venerable Denon AVR-4311CI that also have XT32 + SubEQ HT.

#6 ·
Has this been replaced or updated in MultEq are their other methods. Does Onkyo address this at all since they dropped MultEq?
Neither replaced nor updated. Onkyo now uses their own brand of EQ called ACCUEQ which last year didn't EQ the FL/FR speakers or the sub. The 2015 models now EQ the FL/FR speakers.

#7 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Is saddens me and still will be a hard move for me to move away from Onkyo... Is the list below 100% up to date. It seems models w\ multi eq and sub eq ht are still pretty pricy. and even used gear is well north of 5. Any advice?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9653266/Audyssey AVR Versions 2014-2015.pdf

I also had a thought of running the SVS AS EQ1 with a new 2015 Onkyo,,,
I was also concerned and saddened in selling my flagship Onkyo 5010 (which was calibrated with Audyssey Pro)and buying a Denon X-7200WA

I loved the Onkyo now I don't know whether it is the influence of Dolby Surround (DSU) but the Denon is far more revealing.
I am hearing subtleties in the sound of familiar discs that the Onkyo just failed to re-produce.
The most noticeable improvement is in the bass, and that is before running a basic Audyssey calibration.

Both AVR's sound different and the changeover will take time to get accustomed to but the more I listen to the Denon the less I miss the Onkyo
Cheers
Andy

#11 ·
Denon AVR-X4100W
or
Onkyo TX-NR646 w\ SVS AS EQ1

Both are about the same cost.
Do the 4100. I run an AS-EQ1 with a TX-NR636 (the AS-EQ1 made the Onkyo an option for me, in fact) but no reason to go for a combo like that unless you already have an AS-EQ1 - and the 4100 will still provide better EQ above the sub range as jd notes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.