What audio gear do I need for this scenario? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 5 Old Today, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 38
What audio gear do I need for this scenario?

My parents have a house on the Chesapeake Bay...great hang spot outside. Current set up has (4) outdoor speakers (basically 2 zones playing simultaneously) and a receiver inside...way inside. Changing music/volume involves a very long walk.

Speakers are now blown so its time to bring this system to the 21st century. There is no internet/wifi and I am pretty certain bluetooth will not be nearly strong enough of a signal. The basement is unfinished so it's feasible to mount a signal booster closer to the listening position, but it would still be far enough away to possibly create disruption.

Any ideas?

-
My Theater Build

Equipment List: Denon X5200, Epson 6030, 120" Carada cinemascope screen, Panamorph U480, Oppo-103, Emotiva XPA-5, SVS PB12-NSD, LSA Statement LCR & surround speakers, Def Tech ProCinema 1000 rears, DefTech DI5.5R Atmos overheads, Grafik Eye 3106
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Today, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You don't need internet for wifi. Get an AVR with ethernet or wifi and install a wireless router. Use your iphone or tablet to control volume.
post #3 of 5 Old Today, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontalley View Post
You don't need internet for wifi. Get an AVR with ethernet or wifi and install a wireless router. Use your iphone or tablet to control volume.
Cool. Thanks for the verification.

-
My Theater Build

Equipment List: Denon X5200, Epson 6030, 120" Carada cinemascope screen, Panamorph U480, Oppo-103, Emotiva XPA-5, SVS PB12-NSD, LSA Statement LCR & surround speakers, Def Tech ProCinema 1000 rears, DefTech DI5.5R Atmos overheads, Grafik Eye 3106
post #4 of 5 Unread Today, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestoneman View Post
Cool. Thanks for the verification.
What do you think about that plan? Or were you looking for a different kind of solution?
post #5 of 5 Unread Today, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontalley View Post
What do you think about that plan? Or were you looking for a different kind of solution?
That works perfectly. I really just wanted assurance I could communicate via wifi and there wasn't a better method. I don't see why this wouldn't work well.

-
My Theater Build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page