warranty work marantz 7008 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By altpensacola
  • 1 Post By kikkenit2

post #1 of 7 Old Today, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 34
warranty work marantz 7008

I had to send my marantz receiver in for warranty. the 2nd sub preout stopped working. I reset a couple times and I switched sub cables around after resets. both subs work fine in the sub preout 1. So I get the call from the warranty shop saying your receiver coming home, just got off the bench. I asked what was wrong so I dont break it again or whatever happened? He says nothing was wrong it was a settings problem.

now dont get me wrong, but I think this is nonsense. If I reset and then try to run setup and the 2nd sub isnt recognized, what setting could possibly be wrong?

I did ask for a more detailed answer, and the guy said he would get with the actual technician and try to get me a better answer...I really want to know what happened/went wrong? is this unreasonable?

I am pretty happy to get my receiver back tho, been using an older yamaha and its not as nice to my ears.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Today, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
try to get me a better answer...I really want to know what happened/went wrong? is this unreasonable?
I really, really, really like my Marantz 7008. I have had itabout 3 months now.

I don’t think your question or request is unreasonable

But I bet even the repair people don’t understand all thecomplexities of this machine.

One day I think something on mine is broke, the next day (orminute) it works fine and I wonder what setting I changed. Sometimes I am sure I didn’t change anything.Maybe it is just the sequence of keystrokes, or HDMI handshakes or spurious RFsignals or PCM data from the source or the device trying to catch up. SometimesI can do some things from the front buttons but not from the remote, or canchange from the internet access but not the remote, but later can use theremote for etc.

I don’t have 2 subs so didn’t have that issue, but wish I ‘dkept a list of others, sure enough after a few months use some issues were my settings,some are just bugs.
torii likes this.

Music, more music.
post #3 of 7 Old Today, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

I called marantz before I sent it out to try and troubleshoot at home. I found it funny the marantz tech called all the preouts "ports" like on a computer motherboard and that it was very unlikely the ports were bad. So while on the phone with marantz tech following his instructions to reset and bunch of other things...he said send it in. So i send in and they say nothing wrong just makes me worry Im gonna get it back and it still wont work :P

anyways, I hope they tell me something to ease my mind or at least so I dont do whatever again. I really like this avr.

Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512
post #4 of 7 Old Today, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Did you turn on the subwoofer 2 in the speaker settings? P.194 manual.
It is off by default. I call them ports too so it's ok to. lol
torii likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

That might make alot of sense, I did all the steps after resetting over the phone from the tech so honestly I dont remember. I do remember plugging both subs in and running setup, thats about it. So maybe all it was was after the reset fixed a problem it created a second problem by being turned off by default. hmmmm. sounds logical, thats probably it. I still hope the repair facility tells me just for courtesy.

post #6 of 7 Old Today, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 171
You would think it could auto detect the second subwoofer, but I am pretty sure it has to be
manually switched on in menu. Similar to some amp assignments. Before running audyssey.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I think you had subwoofer 2 out on OFF. I have a Marantz SR7008 and the first thing you have to do after reset or if it is a brand new unit is follow a quick speaker setup when the software ask you for each speaker/subwoofer you have to turn them ON. If you got a brand new unit and skipped that initial setup then subwoofer 2 if OFF by default. If it's a refurbished unit most probably the first owner did not reset the unit before send it back to Marantz and if he had one subwoofer only then subwoofer 2 was off.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page