The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread. - Page 59 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2745Likes

post #1741 of 9662 Old 10-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddeacon View Post
Not sure what mob you are referring to as it's very clear everywhere I read, here and on Yamaha USA,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Australia is not the US that one shop Audio trend is not Australia so reading anything in the US is totally irrelevant to what I'm saying as its only one shop in the many that has made this mistake a mistake that a customer can read and be influenced by it.

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, 1X Dali Concept Center. Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 9662 Old 10-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I recently bought a 2050 (previous 2020 owner) and I'm really liking it. I purchased a pair of Polk Audio RC80i in-ceiling speakers for Dolby Digital Atmos. I ran YPAO and it detected the speakers as large.

I'm wondering.. Atmos - Small or Large? If Small, what crossover you guys use? Also, considering the Polk Audio RC80i speakers, what would be a ideal crossover for small (80Hz like the rest or)?

Polk Audio RC80i specs:
Electrical - Efficiency : 90 dB
Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit: 50 Hz
Electrical - Nominal Impedance : 8 ohms
Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 100 watts per channel
Electrical - Total Frequency Response : 35Hz - 20kHz
post #1743 of 9662 Old 10-05-2015, 05:58 PM
rx3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 25
My new 2050 "teeter-totters" on the fifth foot? WTH? Anyone else have this problem? Can I just remove the fifth foot?

post #1744 of 9662 Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
Ah, you are right. The Yamahas don't support multi-channel files either (dsf or flac), which is a real bummer for me as I have quite a few multi-channel files.
I use an Oppo BDP-93 with the RX-A1030 and use the 93 to play multichannel FLACs via DLNA over my LAN - but for stereo I use the Yamaha to play FLACs and MP3s because I can use it as a gapless OpenHome renderer under the control of the free BubbleUPnP Server, which runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and serves music and video files not only on the local LAN but can be reached over the internet (with password protection) for playing files remotely.

To control the server, I use their Android app, which works both as a controller and as a player (the $5 license that unlocks it for full use is linked in the margin of the Play Store page just linked to - the idea is to make sure that the program works - for a few minutes at a time for free - before paying for the license), so I can listen to my music on the go - and it can even link a DLNA/UPnP player on a friend's LAN (while I'm visiting, with my phone on their WiFi) to my home BubbleUPnP server.

There are also iOS and iPad - and Mac - control apps, which are listed on the BubbleUPnP page linked to above.

BubbleUPnP server needs a local UPnP/DLNA library server (or two, or three) for it to syndicate, which can include Twonky, JRiver, and (for music only) the free foo_upnp plugin to the equally free foobar2000 (Windows only), which, like the Android app, is a player as well as a controller. BubbleUPnP can create proxies for library servers with the suffix [proxy] after their names to distinguish them from the originals.

As long as they're on the same LAN, you can transfer a playlist from one renderer to another, without losing your place. So I can use my phone to start play on my upstairs hifi connected to the PC running foobar, pause it while going down to my theater, and then resume play on my Yamaha. (I could even transfer it to my phone itself while walking down to the theater!)

The strange thing is that Yamaha doesn't even say that the Aventage receivers are renderers, and they don't play gaplessly pulling music through their own menu system - but they work gaplessly with music pushed to them.

Note: to set the Yamaha up to receive, you use its remote's general Net button (not the Net button in the row of programmable "Scene" buttons) to toggle through to the Servers page, find the proxy for the library server you want to use in the list, and move right to the Now Playing button (the musical note on the right side of the screen). Then use your control app to start and control play.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone here who installs the BubbleUPnP server (it's free) whether it sees their RX-Ax050 as a renderer, and whether it can do this trick as well.

Last edited by Philnick; 10-05-2015 at 10:14 PM.
post #1745 of 9662 Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Has someone encountered this delay when switching between sources? This happens when I switch from AV1 to AV4 and everywhere between.

post #1746 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quick zone 2 question... I saw in the manual that you can route HDMI 2 to zone 2 to provide a separate video feed. Am I able to use zone 1 for a movie or game from the ps4 while listening to music from Spotify or my own collection via DLNA goes to zone 2 speaker outputs?
post #1747 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnick View Post
I use an Oppo BDP-93 with the RX-A1030 and use the 93 to play multichannel FLACs via DLNA over my LAN - but for stereo I use the Yamaha to play FLACs and MP3s because I can use it as a gapless OpenHome renderer under the control of the free BubbleUPnP Server, which runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and serves music and video files not only on the local LAN but can be reached over the internet (with password protection) for playing files remotely.

To control the server, I use their Android app, which works both as a controller and as a player (the $5 license that unlocks it for full use is linked in the margin of the Play Store page just linked to - the idea is to make sure that the program works - for a few minutes at a time for free - before paying for the license), so I can listen to my music on the go - and it can even link a DLNA/UPnP player on a friend's LAN (while I'm visiting, with my phone on their WiFi) to my home BubbleUPnP server. I find this quite convenient.

There are also iOS and iPad - and Mac - control apps, which are listed on the BubbleUPnP page linked to above.

BubbleUPnP server needs a local UPnP/DLNA library server (or two, or three) for it to syndicate, which can include Twonky, JRiver, and (for music only) the free foo_upnp plugin to the equally free foobar2000 (Windows only), which, like the Android app, is a player as well as a controller. BubbleUPnP can create proxies for library servers with the suffix [proxy] after their names to distinguish them from the originals.

As long as they're on the same LAN, you can transfer a playlist from one renderer to another, without losing your place. So I can use my phone to start play on my upstairs hifi connected to the PC running foobar, pause it while going down to my theater, and then resume play on my Yamaha. (I could even transfer it to my phone itself while walking down to the theater!)

The strange thing is that Yamaha doesn't even say that the Aventage receivers are renderers, and they don't play gaplessly pulling music through their own menu system - but they work gaplessly with music pushed to them.

Note: to set the Yamaha up to receive, you use its remote's general Net button (not the Net button in the row of programmable "Scene" buttons) to toggle through to the Servers page, find the proxy for the library server you want to use in the list, and move right to the Now Playing button (the musical note on the right side of the screen). Then use your control app to start and control play.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone here who installs the BubbleUPnP server (it's free) whether it sees their RX-Ax050 as a renderer, and whether it can do this trick as well.
I use my 103D from time to time to play from my minidlna server, but I find its interface to not be nearly as convenient as the one in the Yamaha AVRs/AVPs. It's quite the pain if what I want to do is shuffle play of all of my 45,000+ tracks. It insists on downloading the entire catalog of tracks first. The Yahamas don't. They download the catalog in pieces from the looks of it and allow one to immediately start playing while that goes on.

Consequently I find it quite rare to use the Oppos for this anymore. Even though they will play multichannel I find that their interface is just too cumbersome when you have 10s of thousands of tracks.

Not sure where you are going with the gapless thing. All of my x050 AVRs and the 5100 play gapless from my DLNA server (the previous x030 models I had didn't but these new ones do).

Finally, if you are the impatient (lazy?) type like me, there are discrete IR codes for the Yamahas that allow you to directly select various Net options, such as Server, that will take you directly to the list of available servers. I use this code from my Pronto remotes all the time.
post #1748 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vygnyr View Post
Has someone encountered this delay when switching between sources? This happens when I switch from AV1 to AV4 and everywhere between.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVscKM650RI
The delays that I'm seeing are, I believe, likely attributable to the new HDMI 2.0 and/or HDCP 2.2 handshake. It seems that this new interface is noticeably slower.
post #1749 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
reading anything in the US is totally irrelevant to what I'm saying as its only one shop in the many that has made this mistake

Ahhhh, ok so we in the US will ignore your post. Sorry to have replied.

By the way, in the US "speakers" don't equal channels either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeddeacon

Atmos/DTS:X 7.1.4
post #1750 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
The delays that I'm seeing are, I believe, likely attributable to the new HDMI 2.0 and/or HDCP 2.2 handshake. It seems that this new interface is noticeably slower.
I tried skipping monitor check in the advanced setup but that didn't work.
post #1751 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15024 Post(s)
Liked: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Quick zone 2 question... I saw in the manual that you can route HDMI 2 to zone 2 to provide a separate video feed. Am I able to use zone 1 for a movie or game from the ps4 while listening to music from Spotify or my own collection via DLNA goes to zone 2 speaker outputs?
HDMI Out 2 is for HDMI sources only; however, you can pass the Spotify audio via the Zone 2 speaker posts or pre-outs.
radamo likes this.
post #1752 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HDMI Out 2 is for HDMI sources only; however, you can pass the Spotify audio via the Zone 2 speaker posts or pre-outs.
I only mentioned the HDMI because that was clearly documented. I did not see how to pass just audio to the speaker posts. That is what I WANT to do.

I assume it is also possible to have the same signal passed to zone 1 and zone 2 speaker posts (and pre-outs)?

Thanks for the clarification.
Rich
post #1753 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15024 Post(s)
Liked: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
I only mentioned the HDMI because that was clearly documented. I did not see how to pass just audio to the speaker posts. That is what I WANT to do.

I assume it is also possible to have the same signal passed to zone 1 and zone 2 speaker posts (and pre-outs)?

Thanks for the clarification.
Rich
1. See image below for selecting audio source to Zone 2:

2. Yes, you can press the Party button on the remote and play the same stereo music in all zones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	678
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	979025  
post #1754 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. See image below for selecting audio source to Zone 2:

2. Yes, you can press the Party button on the remote and play the same stereo music in all zones.
Looks like I am not all the way through the manual yet... Okay from the image / text posted it sounds like it will do what I want. It looks like I can set the input source by output zone or select PARTY and have all zones play the same. That is exactly what I am looking for.
Thanks...
post #1755 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx3 View Post
My new 2050 "teeter-totters" on the fifth foot? WTH? Anyone else have this problem? Can I just remove the fifth foot?
Maybe, but if it really sticks out further (and you're sure it's not a deformed foot or something), then I would return it (I tend to keep high $ items like this for a long time). May never be an issue, but whatever caused the bottom to vary in height (externally) may indicate some other (internal) assembly problem.

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2)
(4) Polk Monitor 10B's (R/L F/R), (2) Polk Monitor 4's (TM), Polk CS300 center channel
Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
LG 65EF9500 4K OLED
post #1756 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
RE: content --- really enjoyed Age of Ultron last night. Irony --- audio in DTS HD, but at the end, credits wrap up with : "Dolby Atmos (in huge letters) in select theaters"!! That hurts.... Man I am not happy they did not do the Blu-ray Disc in Atmos!
Also enjoyed Furious 7! ...upmixed both of them and they were quite impressive.
Even though MadMax Fury Road, in Atmos, was sonically impressive, the movie is a bit weird.
I will watch Furious 7, Age of Ultron, (and John Wick!) MULTIPLE times with a smile. Not so much for MadMax

7.2.4 setup/ Yamaha RX-A3050 as Pre/Pro
Aragon Power: 8008 mk III, 2005; RX-A3050 4 ch.power for height channels
Klipsch RP Atmos System; RP280FA x4 (F/R), RP40CA, RS62II, R-115SW x3, etc. [Forum friend at Klipsch]

post #1757 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I have the 3050 and am experiencing some issues with HDCP 2.2.

I have the Panasonic CX640 which I have confirmed to be HDCP 2.2 compliant. When using the Yamaha to up-convert the video from my Blu player it comes out at 1080P only.

When forcing the TV to accept HDCP 2.2 sources on that HDMI input the receiver is outputting to I get the error message saying to check the HDCP settings. HDCP 1.4 works fine.

Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of is the HDMI cable which is about eight years old. All other HDMI cables are of a similar age as well.
post #1758 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor24 View Post
Hi All,

I have the 3050 and am experiencing some issues with HDCP 2.2.

I have the Panasonic CX640 which I have confirmed to be HDCP 2.2 compliant. When using the Yamaha to up-convert the video from my Blu player it comes out at 1080P only.

When forcing the TV to accept HDCP 2.2 sources on that HDMI input the receiver is outputting to I get the error message saying to check the HDCP settings. HDCP 1.4 works fine.

Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of is the HDMI cable which is about eight years old. All other HDMI cables are of a similar age as well.
Have you confirmed that your HDMI cable is high speed rated? Being 8 years old it may not be. I'd first try swaping it with a new high speed cable.
Scarriere likes this.
post #1759 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
I use my 103D from time to time to play from my minidlna server, but I find its interface to not be nearly as convenient as the one in the Yamaha AVRs/AVPs. It's quite the pain if what I want to do is shuffle play of all of my 45,000+ tracks. It insists on downloading the entire catalog of tracks first. The Yahamas don't. They download the catalog in pieces from the looks of it and allow one to immediately start playing while that goes on.

Consequently I find it quite rare to use the Oppos for this anymore. Even though they will play multichannel I find that their interface is just too cumbersome when you have 10s of thousands of tracks.

Not sure where you are going with the gapless thing. All of my x050 AVRs and the 5100 play gapless from my DLNA server (the previous x030 models I had didn't but these new ones do).

Finally, if you are the impatient (lazy?) type like me, there are discrete IR codes for the Yamahas that allow you to directly select various Net options, such as Server, that will take you directly to the list of available servers. I use this code from my Pronto remotes all the time.
Ok, so the RX-Ax050 folks don't need the setup I described for gapless play, though I'd think some of the other capabilities I described - like being able to listen to the collection when away from home - would be of interest.

You know and I know that there are nowhere near tens of thousands of multichannel recordings, so why not put those in a separate folder or - dare I say it - a folder tree rather than all in the same folder? You could even organize them with artist folders under alphabet folders, and albums under artists. Then you could navigate them to play what you want without having to load everything at once.

post #1760 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi!

I plan to buy the A-1050 this week. I saw in the specifications that it is 17¼" deep. It will exceed by about 2 inches the back of my furniture. Will it still be stable. I mean, will the feet still be on the furniture ?

And do you know if the measurement includes the front buttons and back speakers connectors?

Thanks!
post #1761 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnick View Post
Ok, so the RX-Ax050 folks don't need the setup I described for gapless play, though I'd think some of the other capabilities I described - like being able to listen to the collection when away from home - would be of interest.

You know and I know that there are nowhere near tens of thousands of multichannel recordings, so why not put those in a separate folder or - dare I say it - a folder tree rather than all in the same folder? You could even organize them with artist folders under alphabet folders, and albums under artists. Then you could navigate them to play what you want without having to load everything at once.
Nah, I really don't have enough multichannel tracks to bother with it. Maybe if the various download sites start offering more multichannel material I might take you up on that. But right now it doesn't seem worth it. Besides, if multichannel were to get sufficiently ubiquitous maybe Yamaha would start supporting it (they did add DSD support with the new models). It would seem that the necessary hardware support is all there. Should be just a SMOP (Small Matter Of Programming, what the hardware guys tell us software guys all the time).
post #1762 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab3395 View Post
Hi!

I plan to buy the A-1050 this week. I saw in the specifications that it is 17¼" deep. It will exceed by about 2 inches the back of my furniture. Will it still be stable. I mean, will the feet still be on the furniture ?

And do you know if the measurement includes the front buttons and back speakers connectors?

Thanks!
The front feet of the 1050 are about two inches back from the front of its cabinet (to their center). I have my 1050 on a 16" deep shelf that is too shallow for it. However, I placed it on a sheet of plate glass that is 17" by 17" square. The glass sits about 2" from the back edge of the shelf.

I don't know if any of that made any sense, but it does allow me to have the 1050 on a shelf that would otherwise be too shallow for it.
gab3395 likes this.
post #1763 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 94
These Yamahas will play DSD across a network, but only in two channel, up to 5.6 Mhz.

If you have a multi-channel DSD file, is the only way to get the Yamaha to decode it is to play it via a player (like an OPPO), and use the HDMI path into the receiver? Like playing a normal SACD would do?

Craig.

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4 Receiver [+Sony Power Amp for Rear Height] / Sony KD-65Z9D / JVC HD1 DILA Projector / 90" screen / OPPO UDP-203 UHD blu-ray / Apple TV 4K
Ascension Summoner 3-way Front Speakers / Ascension 3-way Centre Speaker / Peachtree D5 Surrounds / Yamaha NS-555 3-Way Rear Speakers / ERA D4 x 4 Height Speakers / Rythmik Audio F15HP Sub
post #1764 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
I'm wondering if it's some of the extraneous settings causing a difference, like maybe YPAO only applies to one and not the other (I don't think so, but just an example). Or extra bass, or something like that.

I was just toggling through Tron: Legacy, switching back and forth between them. Standard with sub trim at +5.0-6.0 and DSU at +0.0. At that level, the bass finally sounds like it's at the same volume but DSU still sounds different. Like it's deeper or fuller. That part could be all in my head at that point though; however, there's definitely a volume difference with the subs that I'm really noticing now.

I had never paid any attention to the bass/subwoofer when I was comparing the DSU to DSP so maybe there was always a difference.

On a side note, my new sub boxes are amazing.
I am sure this is a stupid question, but going to ask anyway. What is DSU ? I see DSP and all of its various flavors, but what is DSU? Also, since you mentioned it, what does sub trim do? I see it, just have not played with it? BTW - I have the 2050.
post #1765 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsharkwon View Post
I am sure this is a stupid question, but going to ask anyway. What is DSU ? I see DSP and all of its various flavors, but what is DSU? Also, since you mentioned it, what does sub trim do? I see it, just have not played with it? BTW - I have the 2050.

DSU is Dolby Surround (Upmixer), the new mode that upmixes 2.0, 5.1, and 7.1 to all speakers.

Sub trim is an adjustment for the sub level. +5 would mean 5 dB louder.
post #1766 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Thanks to the recent answer about feet under the unit.
Can you check and let me know if the feet would fit on a 22"w x 15"d shelf?

It is open front and back so just the feet need to fit.

It also has 8.5" vertical space, hoping that is enough room for airflow (1.5").
post #1767 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
this is very troubling to hear... this is the precise reason I returned my VSX-90 and decided to wait on Yamaha... hearing this is now making me hesitant to pull the trigger on the 2050 as planned.

Video: 78JS9500(MAIN) / 60E8000 Plasma [Previously:58c8000/75hu8550/78ju7500] BD Player: Samsung K8500
Audio: Marantz 7010 / SVS PB-13 Ultra / Klipsch RF-7ii RC-64ii Polk M70's IC-5800 (5.1.4)
post #1768 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 11:17 PM
rx3

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
Maybe, but if it really sticks out further (and you're sure it's not a deformed foot or something), then I would return it (I tend to keep high $ items like this for a long time). May never be an issue, but whatever caused the bottom to vary in height (externally) may indicate some other (internal) assembly problem.
I looked closer and the bottom had a bow in it. I took your advice and exchanged it. All is good now. Thanks, man.
post #1769 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer3 View Post
this is very troubling to hear... this is the precise reason I returned my VSX-90 and decided to wait on Yamaha... hearing this is now making me hesitant to pull the trigger on the 2050 as planned.
I have the 3050 and what has impressed me is the fact that I notice the switching between sources is the best I've had I only switch between aerial tv, bluray and radio but without hesitation Iám more than happy with it as oppossed to last years pioneer (now using as ext amp) which I always had to change sources with the remote.
dmercer3 likes this.

Sony Bravia 65"Z9D
Yamaha RX A 3050 - Pioneer SCLX 58
Oppo UBD 203/205- Oppo BDP 103 - Panasonic DMP UB900
Playstation 4 - Mordaunt Short Speakers
post #1770 of 9662 Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Have you confirmed that your HDMI cable is high speed rated? Being 8 years old it may not be. I'd first try swaping it with a new high speed cable.
I have switched over a high-speed cable today and still the same issue. When telling the TV to use HDCP 2.2 a blank screen appears.

I have replaced the output cable from the receiver to the TV. Do I also need a high-speed from the blu player?

Given that the receiver is doing the up-converting I wouldn't have thought that would affect anything?

Really starting to get annoyed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
scenes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page