Question Regarding Component Output - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Question Regarding Component Output

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first receiver. I have an old HDTV that doesn't have HDMI inputs, and I was wondering if buying a receiver with component out would allow me to use my HDMI-only devices through the component output to my TV. If the output doesn't convert HDMI inputs I can always go with my smaller but newer TV, but I would like to make use of the last years of my old TV's life.

As far as specifics go, I had my eye on the Sony DN850 and DN1050 models. The 850 lacks the component video outputs, but has the rest of the features I want.

Any suggestions on what receivers I should consider in the $300-400 range (give or take a bit) would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Only component inputs would be output through component. HDMI inputs have to be output through HDMI.
There are "black boxes" than can do a conversion for you. HDFury is one.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Okay. Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know.

I think I'll go with the DN850 then, unless someone has another recommendation in that price range. I don't need zone 2, and I just want something that is relatively future proof as far as having 4k and more channels for me to add on to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page