AVS Forum banner

2ch Performance setup with HT capabilties

238 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fatbottom 
#1 ·
I have a Denon 4311ci which I find is great for HT use but I am not thrilled with its 2ch capability(thats another discussion so please this thread is not meant to argue that point).

My question is with my current 7.1 HT setup can I add the Parasound Halo Integrated Amp for use in 2ch thru its HT Bypass function? What I would like to do is use the Pre amp section in the Parasound and the Amp section during 2ch playback, is this possible? I was told that in HT bypass mode the Pre section of the Parasound is actually bypassed which would essentially render it as a power amp only which is not what i am looking for at all.. Any ideas or help as to how I can solve my problem? thx

#3 ·
You want a integrated amp that switches between integrated and power amp mode. One model is the Audolab 8000S, or the newer versions of it. I had one of those in a home theatre.

Acts as a power amp when you're watching a movie, 8000S is mode switch is set to pre-power AV. For 2 channel you want to act like a integrated, so set the mode switch to integrated

http://www.studio-22.com/audiolab/images/8000s_delante_silver.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.