Internet adventure with a Pioneer VSX-90 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1184 Post(s)
Liked: 1347
Internet adventure with a Pioneer VSX-90

The VSX-90 seems like an excellent receiver with plenty of modern conveniences and features. That is true until you spend some time trying to get it network connected effectively. The major reason I updated my receiver was to get DLNA access to my local area network to stream music files. I want to move my my Squeezebox to a different system. Everything except that seems to work well with the receiver.

The connectivity software is buggy and unreliable. I spent more than 2 hours getting the unit set up properly with the network light on. The software continually froze up and and didn't allow exit or input. Hard reset, unplugging the unit until the caps dissipated their charge, connecting and removing the MCACC microphone repeatedly and a lot of anger and fussing finally got me connected to one of my routers. The unit even vomited when I tried to update the software through the USB port. I can then turn the input knob to media server and the unit will tell me there is a network problem. If I turn it to internet radio, I can select and play an internet radio station but without the ability to control volume.

My expectation is that the receiver should allow me to navigate to my music files and select something to play. That doesn't happen. It just says there is a network problem and stays on the media server screen. I'm pretty good with audio and computers. My computer equipment is all commercial grade and reliable. The network is wired. I suspect the problem is the funky software in the receiver. Anybody have any luck using the DLNA media server feature on one of these newer Pioneer AV units?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 1185
Hasn't that been perfected yet?

I'll be back later...

links::: 1.5RQ > digits > 1177a > OpenDRC-DI > DEQ2496 > DAC2 > KCT > FPB 350mcx > reQuest + Cheezewoofer Wattless Deluxe > Sweetspot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors