Tunity App and Home Theater - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old Today, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tunity App and Home Theater

I am using the Tunity App (scan TV with App, sound from TV plays on tablet or phone)
I am then hooking my Tablet up using 3.5mm to RCA (attached to PC INPUT on back on Onkyo Reciever)
This allows me to play TV sound across my entire Home Audio System (unfortunately my livingroom tv is not hooked to my entertainment closet thus I came up with this solution).
So the above does work perfectly. BUT....
The volume level is low except for my Front L/R spearkers (which are in the living room). The tablet is cranked to max. Stereo is up at 75 (I never need to go that high or even close with music).
THE PROBLEM: All my speakers volume is low. I do have volume controllers in some rooms and backyard. Those are cranked but the volume is still low. Those speakers that are setup to my Niles Speaker Selector are cranked but the volume is low. The receiver is set to Stereo - All Channels. Tried changing the listening mode but it only got worse not better.
When I play say Pandora, I don't have any volume issues at all.

The only think I can think of is that the Tablet is causing the issue or just an overall power to speaker issue.

I was going to switch to bluetooth (buy a bluetooth receiver) and do it all wirelessly however if a direct connect doesn't work neither is the bluetooth

BTW, check out Tunity. Way cool for bars, airports, or when you want to send sound to your HT, etc.

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - attached 3.5 to RCA to PC INPUT (receiver)
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR906
Amp: Niles SI-1230
Speaker Selector: Niles SVL-6 Volume Control System