PioneerSC91 or Yamaha RX-A1050 or Denon AVRX4200W - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old 11-01-2015, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
PioneerSC91 or Yamaha RX-A1050 or Denon AVRX4200W

All are about the same price. I went to the store with the intent of buying the Denon 4200. I'v heard from a friend that the Pioneer is good if I plan on listening to a lot of music but not the best choice for movies. So, I'm wondering between these three what the major differences are. All feature ATMOS and all are wifi and bluetooth enabled. I have a setup now that has to front towers, a center channel a subwoofer and tow rear speakers in the ceiling that I had currently been using for surround. I also want to use the 2nd zone for a set of patio speakers which I currently have installed too. I would like to try installing the front upward firing ATMOS speakers (need to buy a pair of those too…recommendations without breaking the bank)? I'm leaning more towards the Yamaha or Denon…also, what if the benefit given my setup to going with the Denon 4200 vs the Denon 3200? Price is about $400-$500 less and not sure if I need to step up to that model or not?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2015, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 1392
These are all nice receivers. They should all deliver excellent sound quality. IMHO, the decision should be made on what features are important to you. The Denon X4200 features Audyssey XT32 compared to Audyssey XT with the 3200. XT32 is significantly better than XT and XT is quite good. Regarding the price point, the Pioneer should be the cheapest option of the three depending on where you look. Also, the Denon and Yamaha options feature pre-outs if you should want to add an external amplifier down the road. From what I understand, Yamahas are number one in reliability.

HT: CM10 S2 FR/FL, CMC2 S1, CM5 S1 surrounds, ASW610; Yamaha rx-a2030; Parasound Halo P5; Parasound Halo A23; Oppo BDP-93; ATV; Rega RP1
2 Channel (computer setup): Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 NrT FR/FL, ASW608; Parasound Zpre2; Parasound Zampv3; Parasound Zdac; Marantz CD5004

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."

Last edited by postrokfan; 11-01-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Edit content.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You have to mo up to sc95 to get pre out if that matters. I think 95 is a more appropriate competition to the ones youve listed

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was wondering which you went with? I too am debating between the a1050 and the X4200.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - RX-A1050 by