Can you assist in choosing a receiver? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old 11-17-2015, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can you assist in choosing a receiver?

Hi it's been a while since I posted here but I need help and asking the experts to assist in choosing a receiver. I have this sound system, which I received as a gift for xmas about four years ago:

It has not been used because I do not have a receiver for it and also because I've been living in an apartment. Now I have a house and wish to hook it up to my P50ST50 3D tv and shatter some windows.

I'm looking for a receiver priced at $200 or less. I'm not looking for anything high tech or top of the line, just something to power the sub and it's surrounding speakers so my living room rumbles.

I was thinking about this:

Will that work for my set up? I am a total noob at receivers or anything related to audio so I don't know what to look for.

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Good choice of receiver for the parameters you've posted. I'd go with it, though you might find one for a little less money on

No fears ofhattering windows with it (or with those speakers), but could be enough to mildly annoy the cat or dog.
Sponsored Links