GUI does not Show on Denon AVR-4310CI - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2015, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
GUI does not Show on Denon AVR-4310CI

Hello Fellow AVS Guys and Gals!

I have a strange question for you.
I have the aforementioned Denon receiver and it has just started this problem. I was switching out my H/K AVR 354 to this Denon and for some reason my GUI was showing on my tv screen. But a few mins later it stops showing on my screen. No Volume overlay, no menu, NO NOTHING. But here is the weird thing, I have HDMI and other video go through the receiver and I can still see the video and still have audio. Do you think my HDMI board may be going out? This is the VERY FIRST TIME I have had any problem with this awesome receiver. Now on the inputs that does not have any video on the screen, the screen is all grey.

Has anyone had this same problem?
P.S. I also tried using a composite video out to my computer monitor since it does not have a component video in, and it also showed the grey screen.
I'm sorry i would post pics but my phone really sucks in that department.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 01:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
There is a way to do a complete Denon reset by pressing certain buttons. If no one else can provide, I'll have to look through a large box of A/V stuff.
All firmware up to date?

Espo77's living room equipment:Yamaha Receiver RX-A3030-Boston Acoustics M350 Tower speakers front left and right-Boston Acoustics M25 center, M25-two for rear surrounds,two for front heights-OPPO BDP-103d-HSU VTF-15H MK2 house shaking Sub-dedicated circuits for A/V-Audio Quest "Pearl" in wall HDMI- Prelude power cord to sub.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:25 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7337 Post(s)
Liked: 3376
First ensure the Video Convert (p. 49 Owner's manual) is set to ON for each video source. If still no GUI, you can try a "soft reset" by simply powering off and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes resulting in no loss in settings. If yet still no GUI, you can do a microprocessor reset (p. 111 Owner's manual) which will result in loss of all settings unless you have used the Web Control feature to SAVE the config file to a PC file.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
guys, thank you both for the fast reply!
jdsmoothie, i did all that and i did reset the microprocessor and still have the same issue.
and to espo77, i know the firmware is not up to date but i do remember in the forum on this website for the AVR-4310CI, people were having trouble trying to download the firmware update and bricking the receiver. I was afraid that it might do the same thing to my receiver.

I can tell you that I never had a problem with the NIC card and the HD Radio does not have any motorboat issues. If i can not get this issue resolved, then i would have to buy another receiver with the same or similar features.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement