Universal Remote for Marantz SR6010 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2015, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Universal Remote for Marantz SR6010

First post and I'm really going to sound like a newbie who has no idea what I'm actually doing in real life....;-) First off, it's been many years since I was engaged in electronics and audio, but I have been, and was VERY involved both commercially and academically. I am an Electronics Engineer by schooling....long time ago and admittedly, technology has left me.... and formerly as an old-school DeeJay who used turntables/vinyl, cassette decks, Peavey and Soundcraftsman amps and HUGE loudspeakers.....system upwards of 10K watts for outdoor concerts...... not a computerized playlist through a Bluetooth speaker.

So, with all that said, I recently purchased the Marantz SR6010 and LOVE it. Played through a 5.1 system with Polk satellite speakers and a Polk Pro600 sub. The main television receiver is Direct-TV and the monitor is a Vizio M-Class 80". BluRay is an older Sony but was top of the line at the time.....I forget the exact model of it.

Now... what I'm looking for right now is how to program my stoopid Direct TV remote control to control the 6010's volume. That's all I want it to do...control the volume. That's how my old Sony 5.1 HT was setup and it was really convenient that I didn't have to change remotes to change the channel and to turn the volume up or down. I don't watch DVDs that often so it's not that big of a deal to use a separate remote for that, but for regular television viewing I'd like the Direct TV remote to control the 6010's volume. I tried all the codes from the Direct TV website and none seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...and sorry for the lengthy explanation. I'm a member of several other forums on various subjects and the first things everybody wants to know is your gear and then eventually about you. Figured I'd go ahead and get it out there with the first post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2015, 03:03 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9359 Post(s)
Liked: 4318
Welcome to AVSForum!

Best to post in the respective Owner's thread ....

*Official* Marantz 2015 NR-1506/1606, SR-5010/6010/7010 & AV7702mkII owner's thread

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-23-2016, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10forty2 View Post
First post and I'm really going to sound like a newbie who has no idea what I'm actually doing in real life....;-) First off, it's been many years since I was engaged in electronics and audio, but I have been, and was VERY involved both commercially and academically. I am an Electronics Engineer by schooling....long time ago and admittedly, technology has left me.... and formerly as an old-school DeeJay who used turntables/vinyl, cassette decks, Peavey and Soundcraftsman amps and HUGE loudspeakers.....system upwards of 10K watts for outdoor concerts...... not a computerized playlist through a Bluetooth speaker.

So, with all that said, I recently purchased the Marantz SR6010 and LOVE it. Played through a 5.1 system with Polk satellite speakers and a Polk Pro600 sub. The main television receiver is Direct-TV and the monitor is a Vizio M-Class 80". BluRay is an older Sony but was top of the line at the time.....I forget the exact model of it.

Now... what I'm looking for right now is how to program my stoopid Direct TV remote control to control the 6010's volume. That's all I want it to do...control the volume. That's how my old Sony 5.1 HT was setup and it was really convenient that I didn't have to change remotes to change the channel and to turn the volume up or down. I don't watch DVDs that often so it's not that big of a deal to use a separate remote for that, but for regular television viewing I'd like the Direct TV remote to control the 6010's volume. I tried all the codes from the Direct TV website and none seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...and sorry for the lengthy explanation. I'm a member of several other forums on various subjects and the first things everybody wants to know is your gear and then eventually about you. Figured I'd go ahead and get it out there with the first post!
Just go in the DirecTV remotes MENU/SETUP. I'd have to look when I get home on where exactly to tell you to go but there is a Remote section there to program it to other devices. I just did this with mine and it controls the Marantz volume now with the DirectV remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread