CLUX-11SA, 7.1 channels analogue - EDID issue? Tested with LG BP420 & Pioneer BDP150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 12-30-2015, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
CLUX-11SA, 7.1 channels analogue - EDID issue? Tested with LG BP420 & Pioneer BDP150

I have the CLUX-11SA audio extractor. It can output either digital audio maximum through the HDMI and analogue audio through the four 3.5mm plugs. I am using the analogue output which feed into an amplifier.

The input to the CLUX-11SA is a blu-ray player. The hdmi output of the blu-ray player is fed into the input of the CLUX-11SA. The switch of the CLUX-11SA is set to "7.1/5.1".

METHODOLOGY:
Here is a "word diagram" unless stated, all connections are via HDMI
Blu-ray player (hdmi) > (in) CLUX-11SA (out)> to TV - does not matter which brand
3.5mm connectors > 7.1 channel audio to amplifier.

Switch on CLUX-11A is set to "7.1/5.1"

TV - may be irrelevant, because my setup worked for one blu-ray player, Pioneer BDP-150, but not the LG-BP420. For your info, it is an LG 2012 (year) 3D smart tv.

TEST TRACK:
Testing is performed with the "channel check" track produced by either DTS or Dolby, for 5.1 channels or 7.1 channels.

WHAT WAS DONE:
I have tested both using both players, a Pioneer BDP-150 and an LG-BP420, both set for bitstream output. According to the manuals, LG BP420, bottom table, page 57, and Pioneer BDP 150, table, page 48, when set to bitstream, you the output will be variants of 5.1 or 7.1 channel audio whether it is LPCM or Dolby or DTS.

RESULT:
Pioneer BDP-150: Works as expected. Sound coming from all speakers including of course the LFE. (happy)
LG BP-420: Only produced 2 channel audio, stereo.(frown). Recall the output setting was the same as Pioneer which was bitstream.

QUESTION(S):
* why is the LG-BP420 only outputting 2 channel audio and not 7.1 or 5.1 channel audio like the BDP-150.
* If it's an EDID issue, will a 4x2 matrix with EDID set to 7.1 audio and 1080P picture override the EDID from the LG?
Here is the word diagram:

LG-BP420 > an input of the 4x2 matrix with EDID set to 1080P and 7.1 audio > CLUX-11SA > TV

Example of 4x2 matrix, with EDID set to either 0010 or 0101 or 1000 or 1011 reference pages 4 and 5 of the model AC1714, available at Jaycar in Australia.

This is my first post, the forum won't permit me to post hyperlink.
You can search for the matrix device in a search engine with search terms: AC1714 Jaycar matrix.

Thank you,
From Sydney NSW, Australia.

Source documents: this is my first post, the forum won't let me post hyperlinks.
Pioneer BDP-150 manual:
Search engine terms: bdp150 manual pioneer
Remark: go to manufacturer's site, no other site.
reference, page 48, first column,

LG BP420 manual
Search engine terms: bp420 manual pdf lg owner's
Remark: go to manufacturer's site, no other site.
bottom table, last column, page 57
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-30-2015, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Just a remark: one may think that setting the LG machine to PCM would fix the problem. It doesn't. PCM on the LG machine is only 2 channels. Yet the manufacturer of the CLUX-11SA says it must be PCM input. YET the working machine, BDP-150 is set to 'bitstream'. If it was set to PCM, you would not get 7.1 or 5.1 audio. ON TOP OF THAT, I borrowed a friend's machine, which is a Panasonic BD player. It's default setting is 'bitstream'. I did not alter my friend's machine. I got the same result with Panasonic - it worked like the BDP-150.

In sum, whether the nomenclature of 'bitstream' or 'PCM' has been mixed up by the manufacturer, 2 out of 3 of the manufacturers worked with 'bitstream' as output.

NOW GOING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION AT THE FOOT OF THE ORIGINAL POSTING:
I go back to the original question. Is it an EDID problem. If it is an EDID problem, will using a matrix in between the BD player and the CLUX-11SA solve the EDID problem?

Remark: Not any matrix, but one that can have the EDID set. For example the AC1714 4x2 matrix sold by Jaycar Australia. A Similar if not same device, Part No.: 207409 is sold by Manhattan-products.com.

Word diagram:
BD player -> an input to Matrix with EDID setting ->CLUX 11SA -> 3.5mm audio to amplifier.

Thank you

Last edited by ICanSpeakEnglish; 01-29-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: new to this editing system
post #3 of 10 Old 12-31-2015, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Further remarks and apology

I must apologise, because the device in question looks 'deceptively similar' to the CLUX-11SA. It is known as the 63033K and A 3830A. It is sold by Farnell or Element14 or Altronics, for example at (sorry, I'm a new person, so I am not permitted to put in hyperlinks at this forum) The device is at www altronics com au p/a3830a-hdmi-audio-extractor/ (1) copy exactly in browser, (2) don't hit 'return' yet (3) put dots between www, altronics, com, au (4) hit return.
CLUX-11SA. These are the relevant specifications:

* No HDMI output connection is required to receive audio at that analog (analogue) and optical outputs.
* supports build-in audio EDID switching among LPCM 7.1ch, tv (external) EDID and bitstream.
If you click on the "Specifications" tab it says:
"HDMI Audio Format:- LPCM 2/5.1/7.1CH, Dolby Digital 2~5.1CH, DTS 2~5.1CH, Dolby Digital Plus Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio"
and it also says:
"L/R Audio Format : 4 x Phone Jacks Output Format , 7.1 CH Analog Audio

Remark 1: "L/R Audio format" - 7.1 Ch analog sound - does not specify the source of the 7.1 audio - whether 7.1 Dolby or or LPCM.

Remark 2: The specifications say there is nothing to say that you have to have LPCM at the source to get audio at the 3.5mm jacks. There is nothing to say that it won't work if you have 'bitstream' at the source and still get audio at the jacks. As I understand 'bitstream' refers to Dolby and DTS variants including LPCM.

Again: it does not explain why setting my BDP-150 to 'bitstream' or my friend's Panasonic to 'bitstream' you get 5.1 or 7.1 channels, but not on the LG-BP420 where you only get 2 channels. Furthermore, the results do not explain why setting the BDP-150 to LPCM, you don't get 5.1 or 7.1 channels.

Method:
Switch set to "LPCM 7.1 ch" - remark: does it mean "LPCM" and "7.1" or does it mean "LPCM" or "7.1" - absence of an English grammatical conjunction such as "and" or "or" makes things unclear.
SETTING SWITCH TO EITHER "TV" or "BITSTREAM" ONLY PRODUCED STEREO.
Source player: BDP-150 set to bitstream.
Source player: Panasonic blu-ray - set to bitstream - it is set to bitstream by factory default.
Source player: LG-420 set to bitstream.
Source track - channel check track 5.1 or 7.1 by DTS or Dolby.
Result:
5.1 sound produced at 3.5mm jacks on the BDP-150 and friend's Panasonic, when audio switched to 'bitstream'.
2 ch sound on LG-BP420.

* Then again, even though the device is advertised as an "extractor" and not a converter/processor, is there something undocumented in EDID recognition between the players and the extractor. For example, during the exchange is there something in the 'handshake' sequence between extractor and player that overrides the player's settings?

Alternatively is there something undocumented in that there may well be some limited conversion done inside the extractor.

Keep in mind that some kind of processing is done in the 'extractor' for example to change lossless 7.1 audio to lossy 5.1 audio through the optical connection. So why can't there be some limited processing done to distribute audio regardless of format to the 4.1 jacks.

Thank you again
Sydney NSW Australia
post #4 of 10 Old 12-31-2015, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Solved one problem and now another problem, no 7.1 only 5.1

I can confirm that two things:
  • The extractor will only accept PCM for 7.1 analogue output
  • Bad news, for the LG BP420, you can only get 2 channel audio. To get 7.1 channels, you need an amplifier that will process the 'bitstream', regardless of PCM 7.1, Dolby or DTS and its variants.
There was some success with the BDP-150.

• For the Pioneer BDP-150, I get some success. Note that there are two menus in which to change the digital audio settings: this can come from the digital audio setting menu, which adjusts only the coax digital audio. The other is through the HDMI. Changing the audio settings should only affect the HDMI.
  • HOWEVER, regardless of setting the audio output for HDMI to bitstream or PCM, I still got audio through the extractor.
This suggests that when the BDP-150 and extractor are handshaking with the EDID, it may override the manual settings. You know that you should get PCM to the extractor, so setting to bitstream will be overridden somehow.

BUT BUT BUT

BUT NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM:
I set the BDP-150 to PCM as you said. According to the manual for the BDP-150 - use a search engine (sorry cannot post links yet), and use pioneerelectronics, BDP-150 as search terms. Anyway in the manual on page 48, say that if I output PCM, I will get all the channels.

Result:
Using the channel check tracks: "Dolby 5.1", "DTS 5.1" and "DTS 7.1". I don't have a Dolby 7.1 "channel check" track.

For 5.1 channels with player's HDMI set to PCM: WORKS AS EXPECTED. Audio through the front L & R, Centre, Rear Left, Rear Right channels. Beautiful HAPPY.
For 7.1 channels with player's HDMI set to PCM: Not happy: I get front L & R, LFE, BUT THE REAREST CHANNELS WHETHER THE REAR SPEAKERS ARE SIDE REAR OR REAR REAR - AUDIO COMES FROM THE REAR REAR SPEAKERS - LEFT OF RIGHT. That is, I don't get audio from the side L and R speakers.

If you could help in this, I would be grateful
Thank you,
Sydney NSW, Australia
post #5 of 10 Old 12-31-2015, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1918 Post(s)
Liked: 929
You must turn "secondary audio mix" Off in the Blu-ray players if you want them to actually bitstream. However, I suspect this will cause your extractor to not output any audio at all.

You keep mentioning "bitstream" being On but you don't mention "secondary audio mix" which must be *OFF* for the players to actually provide bitstreamed audio. When set to On, Secondary Audio Mix forces the player to decode the on-disc audio so it can mix in menu sounds plus any secondary audio track that you might choose to enable when playing a Blu-ray disc. (Very few BDs actually include secondary audio.) With secondary audio mix on, the players output PCM, not Dolby or DTS audio, which is why your extractor is working. Unfortunately, many disc player manufacturers have opted to save money and have not licensed the mutichannel decoders from Dolby and/or DTS in their most recent players. As a result, they decode multichannel soundtracks only to two channel PCM. You can't use those models of players if you want multichannel PCM to be available for extracting.

See page 26 of the Pioneer BDP-150's manual where it describes secondary audio control.
Also see page 56 of the LG BP420's manual where it explicitly shows that it can only output two channel PCM.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #6 of 10 Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

I have solved it somewhat.

Dear Selden,
Thank you for your reply.
The CLUX-11SA or the A3830A accept only PCM audio when outputting audio via the 4 x 3.5mm jacks.

As to why the BDP-150 behaved with "bitstream" or "PCM" on as in previous discussions when it should have been behaving properly if set to PCM, I will elaborate later what I believe it to be.

As I said in the previous post, the BP420 can only output 2 channel audio from PCM and that is that. To get 5.1 and 7.1 channels you need to use the HDMI audio to an HDMI audio amplifier that will process and decode the DTS and Dolby variants up to 7.1 channels.

Now the rest of the discussion will be referring to the BDP-150, whose manual is available from the Pioneer site, with the search engine terms: pioneer bdp-150 manual - just click on Pioneer official sites and no other site. Page numbers refer to the PDF page numbers which may or may not correspond to the actual printed page number of the hard copy document.

I will refer to page 48 of the manual which contains the table of audio formats the machine outputs. I want digital audio from the HDMI and want PCM output. So I look at the column which says that if I choose PCM output on the player, I will get primary and secondary audio in PCM to the maximum of 7.1 channels on blu-ray disks.

Before I was able to solve the problem 'somewhat', it did not matter whether I selected "bitstream" or PCM when one would expect that the output of the player to be PCM.only. While the player outputted 5.1 successfully, it did not successfully output 7.1 channels with the side and rear channels being the same. That is the left side and the rearest left were the same and the ride side and the rearest right was the same.

The following 'somewhat' solution
works and will possibly come up with an explanation at the end. I believe it may well do with the EDID handshake.

Here is how I solved the problem 'somewhat'.........................

Summary: Managed to get 7.1 channel audio by putting a splitter between the output of the CLUX-11SA or A3830A and the TV. Explanation - don't know why. This suggests that the using the splitter somehow introduced the correct EDID handshake. This is why I labelled the start of the reply as " - somewhat -".

Result:
I managed to get ALL 7.1 channels through from the BDP-150 out of left field.
It makes be go back to the thought that it there must be an EDID handshake situation.
I used the "channel checker" track for DTS 7.1 and managed to get all 7.1 channel sounds.

Methodology - using the BDP-150 player
  • In the initial menu, set the digital audio, the audio for the coax to "off". No PCM or bistream or re-encode. It must be "off".
  • In the HDMI menu, set the audio output to PCM.
  • The output of the player is fed into the CLUX-11SA or A3830A.
  • Audio outputs from the CLUX-11SA or A3830A are as usual.
  • what was additionally added? A splitter, with the input from the the output of the CLUX-11SA or A3830A. Used only one output from the splitter.
  • Played the 7.1 channel check track from DTS. All the channels operated. Problems with the side and rear channels being the same were gone. All channels now are independent.
This is the word diagram - all connections are HDMI. The 3.5mm plugs now shown are connected to the input of the amplifier.

BDP-150 > CLUX-11SA > Splitter > to the TV.
or A3830A > other output goes nowhere

Q:What is the effect of removing the splitter?
A: I get the same problems as before: (a) it does not matter whether the output is set to "PCM" or "bitstream", and (b) the side and rear channels play are not independent - that is the rear left = the side left when the rear left is played and the rear right = the side right when the rear right is played.
Q: That's weird.
A: You're telling me!.
Q: You mean that by putting a splitter and using one of the outputs to the splitter you get 7.1 independent channels and the behaviour of the player to the CLUX is as expected?
A: Yes.
Q: Can you explain why this happens when you expect the player to clux should behave as expected without the splitter?
A: No not really. I suspect that (a) despite the specifications of the CLUX-11SA or the A3830A saying that there is no need for TV, either the TV is taking part in the EDID exchange and that the splitter may well block this exchange. Needs further investigation. and (b) as a result, there must be an EDID exchange issue as I said in an earlier post.

Summary: Works with the splitter using one output between the CLUX-11SA or A3830A and the TV. Get all 7.1 channels with the player's HDMI audio set to PCM and the coax audio set to off.
Further investigation is needed to work out whether adding either an EDID emulator or a matrix with EDID setting is needed.

Thank you all,
Sydney NSW, Australia
post #7 of 10 Old 01-01-2016, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

QUIRKY BEHAVIOUR when replaying a 5.1 track on a 7.1 system

While I am investigating the EDID behaviour, I will keep you posted, I will first post my results so far of the suspected EDID behaviour and then I will talk about the quirky behaviour of BD players based on my observation.

Latest on 'suspected' EDID behaviour in relation to the BDP150
In a previous post, my 'temporary' measure to fix the problem of 7.1 discrete channel reproduction has been to insert a 1x2 HDMI splitter as in the following diagram.

BDP150 > CLUX-11SA or A3830 decoder > 1x2 splitter using only one output > TV

Now I have figured out that I get discrete 7.1 channel reproduction without the need of connecting the TV - BUT I STILL NEED TO HAVE THE 1x2 splitter connected.

BDP150 > CLUX-11SA or A3830 decoder > 1x2 splitter -> nothing connected

Result: Get discrete 7.1 channel reproduction. The splitter acts as a dummy.

Something peculiar - don't need the 1x2 splitter at all when I connect by friend's borrowed Panasonic BD player. That is I don't have to connect the splitter at all. I get discrete 7.1 channel sound.

Playing 5.1 audio on a 7.1 system - which speakers get played - the side L&R or the rear L&R?
My amplifier is a discrete 7.1 system, in which the amplifier inputs 7.1 channels only. The amplifier has no DTS Neo 6 nor Prologic processing on the side and rear speakers when a 5.1 track is played. My amplifier is unsophisticated what you put in gets amplified NOTHING MORE.

The issue here in this experiment is the channel assignment of the rear tracks of a 5.1 track on a 7.1 system. Clearly 2 speakers of the 7.1 channel system will not be operating during a 5.1 channel reproduction on a 7.1 system, especially on my amplifier.

Issue - when the rear channel of a 5.1 track gets played on 7.1 amplifier which of the speakers get played: the side L&R or the rear L&R?
Again for this experiment, I borrowed my friend's Panasonic BD player and used my BDP150. The results are different.
Assumptions: both players can play discrete 7.1 channels on my 'temporary' 'somewhat fixed' system.
Test track: DTS 5.1 channel check.

Results: when playing my friend's Panasonic BD, the rear channels are played on the side channels while the rear channels on the BDP150 are played in the rear channels.

Here is word diagram of my 7.1 amplifier system. Ignore the _________ as this removes any text misalignment they may happen.
This visually shows where the rear channels of a 5.1 track are played on a 7.1 system.

FL_____C______FR, LFE

SL____________SR - friend's Panasonic BD player rear channels of 5.1 played here.

_RL__________RR - BDP150, rear channels of the 5.1 are played here.

Conclusion: EDID problem in channel assignment? Needs further investigation.
Temporary measure: If using my friend's Panasonic player, I would make for him/her a channel swapping circuit which swaps signals between the side and rear channels to be done at the siignal level not at the amplified level.
What about speaker position for 5.1 and 7.1 sound in the rear: Not relevant for this thread.

Summary: EDID issues may well be so with the proper reproduction of discrete 7.1 sound especially with the BDP150 and the temporary measure is to use a 2x1 splitter doing nothing attached to the end of the CLUX-11SA or A1830. There is no evidence of 7.1 issues with the friend's Panasonic. In respect of the assignment of rear or side channels of a 5.1 track on a 7.1 system, further investigation is needed on whether it is an EDID issue or a peculiarity of the player. A temporary measure for my friend's Panasonic BD player is to have a channel swapping circuit between the side and rear channels. This is especially so where there are no DTS Neo 6 or Prologic processing in the discrete amplifier.

Thank you,
Sydney NSW, Australia
post #8 of 10 Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

The story so far
Throughout this thread, I suspected that the EDID behaviour of the CLUX-11SA or A3830 being played on a 7.1 system using the CLUX-11SA affected the playability of 5.1 and7.1 audio tracks. I will explain later. In a previous post, I have made a mistake regarding the assignment of the 5.1 channels on a 7.1 systems for the BDP150. It is the same as for my friend’s Panasonic BD. I regret this.
So for the both players.
FL_____C______FR, LFE
SL____________SR - friend's Panasonic BD player and BDP150 rear channels of 5.1 played here.
_RL__________RR

However, the arrangements for the BD players are different
The arrangement for the BDP150
BDP150 -> CLUX 11SA or A3830 -> Dummy (required) > TV (optional)
The ‘Dummy’ was for a 1x2 splitter. See details further on EDID.

The arrangement for the friend’s Panasonic
Friend’s Panasonic -> CLUX 11SA > nothing connected

What about connecting the TV to the player somehow?
Answer: good question. You don’t want to introduce too many gadgets between the BD player and the TV. This is because adding gadgets may add a little delay between the sound and the picture. The concern here is whether the TV can adjust enough time in order for the sound to be in synchronisation with the picture.
With the BDP150 arrangement described above, there is a slight delay between the sound and vision. My experience when watching 3D movies was that I had to go to the TV’s sound menu and adjust the sync between the picture and audio
How about making sure that the sound and vision arrive at the same time by using an nx2 (where n is an integer between 1 and the number of things you want to attach to the matrix) matrix?
Say you want something like this:
BDP150-> Matrix -> To TV
_______________-> to CLUX 11SA or A3830 -> dummy (required) a 1x2 splitter as before
_____ = for text alignment purposes.

Needs further investigation in relation to the EDID limitations of the matrix. Reason will be explained for the simple case of the 1x2 splitter – see explanation later.
I need to borrow my friend’s Panasonic to also do a full investigation.

My mistake about the assignment of 5.1 channels on a 7.1 system using the BDP150 and my friend’s Panasonic
When I have the opportunity to borrow my friend’s Panasonic BD player, I will keep you posted on the
Not all encoded systems are the same when playing back
You cannot assume that if you played a 7.1 Dolby track, that it will play the same as a 7.1 DTS track. YES THE CLUX-11SA or A3830 decodes LPCM. This refers to the LPCM format decoded by the BD player, BDP150 and sent to the INPUT of the CLUX-11SA or A3830.

The table of results are:
Dolby 5.1, played successfully, used channel swapper
DTS 5.1, played successfully, used channel swapper
Dolby 7.1 played successfully,
DTS 7.1, played front, centre, side channels, but rear channels L and R are the same.

Remark: tracks used were “channel checking” tracks for Dolby 5.1, Dolby 7.1, DTS 5.1 and DTS 7.1

Comments on the table
Swapping side to rear:
The “swapping side to rear” refers to the channel swapping circuit when a 5.1 track is played on a 7.1 system. As I remarked earlier in this post, the rear channels of a 5.1 track when played on a 7.1 play on the 7.1 system’s side channels. If you have had a 5.1 system, the rear channels were played near the rear speakers not the side speakers as in the 7.1 system.
Q: Near the rear or at the rear?
A: As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will not entertain a discussion of the ultimate position of a 5.1 speakers or 7.1 speakers, whether for DTS or Dolby systems.

Q: What is the circuit for the channel swapping circuit?
A: It is based on the one found on this forum at
https://web.archive.org/web/20150907144401/http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/175578/reverse-audio-jack-for-front-and-back-speakers
with the circuit’s photo at https://web.archive.org/web/20150907191805/http://i.stack.imgur.com/2Yg5Q.png
Remark: the concerned person at the forum wanted to swap the front and rear channels. IN the application of this circuit, we want to assign the side to the rear.
Remark: I used the archive.org site rather than the original site in case the original site changes name or is temporarily or permanently offline.

Q: You are only going to use 5.1 channels, 2 channels are not used. Why are you still swapping the rearest channel to the side channel when there is nothing happening on the side channels once the swapping is done and you are playing a 5.1 track on a 7.1 system?
A: You may still want to build a front and rear swapping circuit like the original.

Q: Where do I connect this?
A: You connect this at the signal level, NOT THE AMPLIFIED LEVEL.

Q: What is the signal level?
A: The audio output of the CLUX-11SA or A3830.

Q: Yes, but how do you connect this.
A: You connect this swapping circuit between the outputs of the CLUX-11SA or A3830 and the inputs of your 7.1 amplifier. YOU DON’T CONNECT THIS AT THE AMPLIFIED LEVEL. THAT IS YOU DON”T CONNECT THIS BETWEEN THE OUTPUT OF THE AMPLIFIER AND SPEAKER.

Q: What about materials and parts used, how to construct it?
A: It may well be outside the scope of the thread. Suffice to say that you have four inputs to swap. You therefore need a 4PDT switch. 4PDT = 4 pole, double throw.

Playing a 7.1 DTS track plays with the rear channels the same, BUT playing a 7.1 Dolby track, the rear channels are independent – this refers to the playback of the BDP150 player.
It goes back to my initial thought that there is an EDID issue.
Q: Why?
A: I used the “MonInfo” program produced by EnTech in Taiwan. I connected the splitter’s input to the laptop’s HDMI port and examined the information produced by the MonInfo program. It was found that the audio capability was 6.1 LPCM, YET IT DID NOT EXPLAIN WHY 7.1 DOLBY CONVERTED TO PCM PLAYED THE REAR CHANNELS INDEPENDENTLY.

Conclusion for the BDP150:
For the BDP150, could play 5.1 Dolby or DTS successfully on application of the channel swapping circuit. When playing a 7.1 Dolby track, though converted by the BD player to LPCM, played all channels independently. For playing the 7.1 DTS track converted to LPCM by the BD player, rear channels were not independent .Most likely an EDID issue of the 1x2 splitter used as a dummy as shown by the MonInfo program. But this does not explain why 7.1 Dolby’s rear channels were independent. Needs further investigation as well as having to borrow friend’s Panasonic BD player.

Sydney NSW, Australia
post #9 of 10 Old 01-20-2016, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

A point clarification

A POINT OF CLARIFICATION DOLBY, DTS, AND CLUX-11SA AND/OR A3830
We know that the analogue output is decoded LPCM. When referring to playback of 5.1 and 7.1 Dolby and DTS tracks by the BD player, it refers to the LPCM version (decoded version) of the Dolby and DTS tracks sent by the BD player as LPCM.
Thank you
Sydney NSW, Australia

Last edited by ICanSpeakEnglish; 01-29-2016 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Learning how to edit
post #10 of 10 Old 01-29-2016, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

THE COMPLEMENT TO THIS POST - USING AN ARC DEVICE CONNECTED TO THE CLUX-11SA OR A3830A

The complement to this post:
I have also posted a complementary post about connecting an ARC device to a TV. The ARC device enables audio to be sent out of a TV to a device which accepts ARC. I have been having trouble if anyone can advise, the post located at HDMI ARC Adapter to HDMI & Optical Audio Device/Adapter
Thank you,
Sydney NSW Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page