AVS Forum banner

Onkyo TX-RZ1100 and TX-RZ3100

Tags
tx-rz1000
317K views 3K replies 211 participants last post by  spacecowboy 
#1 · (Edited)
In late December, European publications (France & Germany) reported rumors of Onkyo possibly announcing at CES 2016 new flagship AVR's replacing current TX-NR1030 and TX-NR3030 models. I have not seen or read of any CES announcements in this regard. I did however come across this today in what appears to be a Polish publication. I obviously cannot substantiate its validity.

https://translate.google.com/transl...dy/onkyo_TX_RZ_1000_i_TX-RZ_3000/&prev=search

Note (Update September 13, 2016): To facilitate finding the beginning of "actual" TX-RZ1100 and TX-RZ3100 product information and review...

Posts #1 - #930 (Jan 2016 - Aug 2016): General anticipation, discussion, and speculation of product information and detail.

Posts #931 (Sep 2016) - current: Product began shipping (per @jdsmoothie ) and first AVS member impressions posted.

#15 ·
Would be nice if they had class A/B as an option for 2/ch audio, the rest being class D. Honestly, all other manufactures are looking to leave class A/B for class G, or H this year.
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the TX-RZ900.
That TX-RZ3000 with 11.2 channels of Class D amplification and MCACC Pro calibration, looks pretty tempting.
Plus it's going on sale this spring.
So there's no need to wait until summer. :cool:
I would venture to say that hopefully the best from both.
Onkyo, historically, has provided more value and leading edge features before the competition...hopefully, this trend continues...and with Pioneer's contributions...certainly something to look forward to.

#3 ·
thank you GENE 4HT

onkyo tx-rz1000 9.2 chanels
onkyo tx-rz3000 11.2 chanels
change a&b for class D more power and less heat:D
new calibration whit pioneer and onkyo macc pro plus:D
new système scanner HDR( HIGHT DYNAMIC RANGE ):D
dolby atmos and dts-x ?
all hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2

price around 1900 us for 1000
price around 2200 us for 3000

suppose start sale to end of mars or april .

#11 ·
thank you GENE 4HT

dolby atmos and dts-x ?
all hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2

suppose start sale to end of mars or april
Thanks zimmo! Can you post the link referring to the U.S. pricing and introduction dates? Also, were there any additional specification information...specifically physical data...i.e. weight?

#7 ·
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the TX-RZ900.
That TX-RZ3000 with 11.2 channels of Class D amplification and MCACC Pro calibration, looks pretty tempting.
Plus it's going on sale this spring.
So there's no need to wait until summer. :cool:

Reactions: joemamma
#13 · (Edited)
I TAKE THIS INFORMATION FROM EUROPE.I make conversion to euro and us dollars.

FOR shure need wait onkyo us or canada for see exactly information and price.:)

#14 ·
I not have more information ,(gene4ht)give me information and i take lettlebit information in they other sites from europe but not have plus informations same a mutch pound or other.

Need wait for onkyo us.

Reactions: ingramba
#19 ·
I am pretty leary about buying a Onkyo AVR... They have had a string of issues with various components, IDE connectors, HDMI boards, display panels. Their quality control is horrendous. i have had three TOTL Onkyo receivers in the past few years and every one of them failed.

#27 ·
Been surfin the net a couple of times a week...no new info that I've come across. Other than the earlier rumors/presumptions from the European publications and @zimmo posting below...no new info at all. It is curious as to why there has been absolutely no news/info from Onkyo themselves.

thank you GENE 4HT

dolby atmos and dts-x ?
all hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2

suppose start sale to end of mars or april .

#36 ·
Waiting takes a long time if you have set your mind on it.

Hope to see the Holy grail with 11 amps.

Not sure if I order inmeddiatly when it's on the market. Maybe wait for some reviews. Then again it can take a long time also. No reviews to find about the RZ800/900

Really love the new looks on the RZ'S

#37 ·
A couple of us have given our impressions of the RZ800 and RZ900 after having them for a little while. If the lack of ability to expand from 5.2.2 to 5.2.4 and Onkyo's own updated room correction software, doesn't put you off, then they are definitely proving to be great receivers. It has also been recently reported that the RZ900 is capable of 7.2.2. I haven't tried it since I really have nowhere in my living room to setup another pair of speakers from my current 5.1.2 configuration.

#38 · (Edited)
Will there be any hope to see Auro 3D on the Onkyo Receivers?

EDIT: got a reaction from Onkyo. No plans for Auro 3D[emoji19]

#39 ·
There are some pro-reviews on the rz800 and rz900 here in Europe. Very positive reviews!
Auro 3D........even Atmos......once DTS:X gets their act together, I think this format will 'win'...........I dunno......

Price drops on the rz900 are making me wonder if I should swap out my 838.
Need a bit more software though.........

#40 ·
I haven't seen any real reviews from Europe. Which site did you see it on? I swapped out an 838 for a RZ900 and I'm pleased. I already had plans for what I was going to do with the 838, if that wasn't the case, I don't know if I would have swapped. What is the bit more software that you are referring to?

#49 · (Edited)
M3INCORP

for shure look they information in the first page tx-rz3000 11 chanels and dolby atmos whit dts-x but somes problem whit firmware dts-x to marrantz and denon ,its possible to onkyo report the sale to summer ,normaly said april suppose start to sale tx-rz1000 and 3000. :D

one site to europe (pologne country) start to sale .

#50 ·
Here was my question to Onkyo North America and their response.

It seems that Onkyo Europe is acknowledging a possible first quarter release of the new TX-RZ1000 and TX-RZ3000 and have released specifications of both of the receivers. Are these two receivers going to be released in North America, and when can we expect the announcement?

We currently do not have the release dates but historically we would follow suit, I would suggest that you continue to check our webpage for updates, Thanks, FM2

#52 ·
one think Mayby push back because the problem from the dts company,the new firmware dts-x is no work perfect,problem whit marrantz and denon.

will see eventually.:eek:

Reactions: gene4ht
#53 ·
one think Mayby push back because the problem from the dts company,the new firmware dts-x is no work perfect,problem whit marrantz and denon.

will see eventually.:eek:
Yes...but eventually is taking too long!!!:)

#54 ·
Would it be really the issue? I know of the DTS:X problems. But would it be hardware related for Denon and Marantz?

If you ask me. They can release the Rz3000 and I will wait for the DTS:X update. :)

#56 ·
If you ask me. They can release the Rz3000 and I will wait for the DTS:X update. :)

+1

#58 ·
LOL thought that I was the only one with this feeling.

#59 ·
dont forget they model 2015 tx-rz800 and the veryvery strong tx-rz900 ,in France is very popular all peoples said is very good and beat marrantz and denon and Yamaha,
and I think meaby onkyo and colaboration to dts company to fix dts-x ,somes little problems whit new firmware to marrantz end denon ,meaby that why onkyo no give the news but some peoples to France speak onkyo employed and said to start sale to april but for shure the week end to 18-19and 20 march ,we have electronic exposition in montreal (son et image )and normaly onkyo and intégra is there for shure I go there to speak onkyo to check what happen .:)

#61 ·
for shure the week end to 18-19and 20 march ,we have electronic exposition in montreal (son et image )and normaly onkyo and intégra is there for shure I go there to speak onkyo to check what happen .:)
Thanks zimmo! Looking forward to what you're able to find out!

Go and and yank it out of 'em!
LOL..the waiting is killing us all! Curious...where are you in Europe?

#64 · (Edited)
Just been to an Onkyo dealer to buy me some Monitor audio Apex 10 speakers.
He thinks the new line will be introduced in the spring.

Yamaha is introducing a follow up on the advantage 3050 in may. Also a very big impressive machine.
He thinks they will go 11 amps.

#65 ·
More positive news for the new Onkyo's...thanks!

Also glad to hear Yamaha possibly filling the 11 channel market.

That leaves D+M lagging a bit...saw someone said in a different thread that a D+M rep said "don't hold your breath" for eleven channels...but this is hear say.

#66 ·
I wonder, if the implementation of Pioneer Class D amplifiers, will in any way, effect that powerfully robust sound quality, that Onkyo receivers are known for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.