Thinking of replacing my Denon 1312, but don't want to break the bank. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Knucklehead90

Old 01-18-2016, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thinking of replacing my Denon 1312, but don't want to break the bank.

So a few years ago, for around 120$, I got a Denon 1312. It's served me fine, and I have no complaints. I also have a Denon 1712 I use for my main room. That cost me 250$ used, I believe. Fair price, and I think the Audessy thing is nice to have, though given the layouts of my rooms, it never seems to come out right.

Anyways, I'm upgrading my PC Speaker set from RC Micro's + Velodyne VX11 to a NHT Superone(L,R), SuperZero(RS,LS, and a VS 1.2 for my Center. So it got me kind of thinking...perhaps a newer receiver would be better to make use of these? I'm unsure. I really don't wanna break around 200$ for a receiver, so refurbished, used, ect. I've gone Denon because I got recommendations here that it has a nice neutral sound, most people told me to go for that.

The 1312 has enough power for my usage. No real complaints about it, I'd guess. It's just with all the new speakers and them being a real set instead of HTIB EnergyTakes, I figured it might deserve a bump, but should it serve?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Those speakers are pretty nice and get good reviews everywhere I've read about them. I nearly bought a pair of the SuperOne's a while ago but resisted. I still may some day.

As for buying a newer AVR you aren't likely to much of a boost in audio quality. A $200 AVR would be a sideways move at best. And as long as the 1312 drives your speakers at levels you most often listen at a more powerful AVR won't sound any difference. Use it till it dies then buy a new one.
Mkilbride likes this.

Denon 4520 - Acurus A100x3 - Salk Song Towers - Custom Selah Audio Center - Oppo 103 - Marantz TT42
***GO SEAHAWKS *** Items For Sale Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the decency to write and thank her ~ WC Fields
Old 01-18-2016, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow, I'm on a an enthusiast forum and someone told me not to spend money. That's awesome. Thanks man, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement