Popping / Crackling sound Marantz SR7009 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2016, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Popping / Crackling sound Marantz SR7009

Hi!

See if I get any help from this forum. Or if there is someone who experienced the same phenomenon?

Now it's the third time I will have to submit my Marantz amplifier for repair / mending.

The problem is that I get scratchy, crackling from the right surround channel.

I have changed the cables, speakers and source (Mac, spotify, Ps3) stil problems. I have also changed the left surround speaker to the "wrong" (right) output of the amplifier and then the noise is coming from there instead. It is only from the right surround.

After the recent repair, it took about 3 weeks before the sound came back. (they had then what I understood replaced the circuit board). Marantz service center has not itself manage to reproduce the error, nor the store "hemmbiobutiken" where I bought the amp from. This is also very frustrating.

Any one there with similar problems?
Suggestions?

Its my first reciver from Marantz, not very impressed so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also have a Marantz SR7009, with a crackling center channel, regardless of source.

Is yours limited to the single speaker/amp? Have you tried bypassing the channel to a separate amp?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-03-2016, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumon View Post
Also have a Marantz SR7009, with a crackling center channel, regardless of source.

Is yours limited to the single speaker/amp? Have you tried bypassing the channel to a separate amp?
Mumon, you need to join this thread "Marantz SR7009 audio problem - voices/main audio is muted/muffled ". That is where your issued is being discussed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread