Worth to get Marantz 6010? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-28-2016, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Worth to get Marantz 6010?

I was an Onkyo 606 user before and it generate a lot of heat and went dead suddenly, and thats the end of the life.

I do not mind looking at other brand : Denon.

Was recommended model 2200 since I wanted much lower end = lower cost.

At the same time, after several conversation in the shop, i was introduced to Denon 4200 and marantz 6010, which was claimed that Marantz is almost on par with Denon 4200.

I would like to hear your view about this 2 amps. (Marantz 6010 is slightly cheaper than 4200)

I am both movie and music person. I just want to make sure the amp is worth of every money to get it.

Will Marantz 6010 fill in my criteria. (I have existing speakers already - wharfedale)

Appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-28-2016, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
[quote=josho;41053682]I was an Onkyo 606 user before and it generate a lot of heat and went dead suddenly, and thats the end of the life.

I do not mind looking at other brand : Denon.

Was recommended model 2200 since I wanted much lower end = lower cost.

At the same time, after several conversation in the shop, i was introduced to Denon 4200 and marantz 6010, which was claimed that Marantz is almost on par with Denon 4200.

I would like to hear your view about this 2 amps. (Marantz 6010 is slightly cheaper than 4200)

I am both movie and music person. I just want to make sure the amp is worth of every money to get it.

Will Marantz 6010 fill in my criteria. (I have existing speakers already - wharfedale)

Appreciated.[/quote

Need opinions bet. Denon x4200w and Marantz SR6010.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-28-2016, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 274
I'd opt for the Denon over the Marantz because of that little porthole Marantz generously calls a display. I don't always use my audio equipment with my tv on so having a legible display without squinting is a must. And the main reason I sold a perfectly decent sounding Marantz SR5008.

Marantz AV7702 - Salk Song Towers - Crown XLS-1500
Center: Selah Audio 3-Way Custom Center - Surrounds Emotiva ERD-1 (in dipole mode)