Onkyo SR 707 troubleshooting - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old Today, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo SR 707 troubleshooting

Hey gang, bizarre results here so far.

Receiver stopped working while in use for about 4 hours, blinking standby light. Power button would toggle the receiver between "power on click" and "power off click," but the light would continually blink. Unplugged all speakers, same result. Popped off the cover and removed some fuses, and I think I've localized the issue:

So there are two 250v/15a fuses in the receiver, side by side, on the main board. If both are in, or just one is in (either socket) my receiver will behave exactly as mentioned above, HOWEVER, if I remove both fuses, the receiver boots normally, shows the volume display, allows selecting inputs, etc. (I have not yet plugged in any of my speakers to test functionality further)

My question is: can I safely operate my receiver with these two fuses removed? Is this indicative of some dangerous failure? Would replacing these fuses do anything? Do I need to correct "something" on this board so that it will power on with the fuses installed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page