AVS Forum banner

in need of guidance. full avr or separates in the following scenarios

241 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  emcdade 
#1 ·
Dont know what to go after entirely. Im thinking either a Marantz sr7010, a denon x7200, pioneer elite sc99 for the integrated side. For pre pro combo im thinking marantz av7702mk2 with either the the mm7055 amp or a rotel class d 5 channel amp. These options are the ones I want to stick with. the wining combo will be driving martin logan electromotion esl towers the matching c2 center and motion 4 rears. Thanks!

#5 · (Edited)
I have a Denon 4520 ci that drives my ML Motion speakers with ease, despite the 4 ohm rating. The x7200 amp section looks pretty much identical so it should have no issues driving your speakers to insane spl's.

The problem w/ any of your selections is the Audyssey EQ. I was not really happy with the results at all, totally changed the character of my mains (Motion 40's). I had a Pioneer SC37 prior and MCACC was even worse than Audyssey but they've updated it now so not sure how much better it really is. I'm currently running in LR Bypass mode so Audyssey only eq's my sub for music listening. It's a decent compromise but I may just looking into getting a Minidsp 2x4 or something to eq my sub and turn Audyssey off altogether.

If it were me i'd look hard at this x5200w on A4L, save a bunch of money, and go ahead and get some electromotion in-ceiling speakers.

Or.....get the x5200 for cheap and add a badass 2 channel amp for the mains like a Peachtree Nova or Emo XPA-2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.