Denon X2200W Audyssey Calibration Issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon X2200W Audyssey Calibration Issue

As the title suggests, I've recently purchased a Denon X2200W receiver. All connections were made (only running L, C & R for now) and the unit was powered up.

I proceeded through the initial setup and arrived at the Audyssey speaker calibration phase. I moved the microphone around as per normal and everything seemed to be going fine until "Analyzing Room Data".

It took 45 minutes to reach 5%. So I factory reset the receiver and tried it all again. Same thing occurred. Finally, I reset the unit, ran all of the initial setup and then let it run overnight. It currently stands at 52%.

Given how commonplace the search terms are for this issue, I can find only one other individual who seems to have experienced a similar issue but their post did not receive an answer.

I would appreciate any insight or thoughts you folks might have to get this sorted.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 06:16 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9367 Post(s)
Liked: 4330
If a microprocessor reset doesn't resolve the issue (see post 5 in the Denon 2015 AVR Owner's thread linked below), then exchange it for another unit.

The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2)

Was this a "new" unit or "refurbished" unit?

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If a microprocessor reset doesn't resolve the issue (see post 5 in the Denon 2015 AVR Owner's thread linked below), then exchange it for another unit.

Was this a "new" unit or "refurbished" unit?
It was factory refurbished. I purchased it from Amazon.

I'm not sure if waiting to see what happens over the next few hours is worth it or if I should just have the thing replaced soonest.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by keilwerthsax View Post
It was factory refurbished. I purchased it from Amazon.

I'm not sure if waiting to see what happens over the next few hours is worth it or if I should just have the thing replaced soonest.
Do a microprocessor reset before you try replacing it. Especially being a refurb. Do it 5x in a row then try Audyssey again.

Main: Mitsubishi 73736 DLP|OTA|fireTV|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 - DIY Class G 540w 12" Subs|2 Aura Bass Shakers|APC H15|Harmony 720|TP-Link Archer C7|Linksys SE2500|50+ OTA Channels

MBR: Vizio VF550M|OTA|fireTVstick 2|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Phantom|Dayton Audio SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PF30|Belkin Bridge|Harmony 550
post #5 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel! View Post
Do a microprocessor reset before you try replacing it. Especially being a refurb. Do it 5x in a row then try Audyssey again.
I've gone a head and ordered a replacement from Amazon. I've tried resetting a number of times to no avail.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Liked: 10
Same issue, AVR-X2200W stuck at 0% analyzing Audyssey input

I did the factory reset and it still hung up at 0%

I updated firmware then ran Audyssey again. This time it processed almost instantly and everything seems to be working fine.

Best.

LD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
analyzing room data , audyssey auto setup;denon , audyssey multieq xt , calibration , denon 2200w
Gear in this thread