Wiring HT for Denon x4200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2016, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Wiring HT for Denon x4200

Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post these questions, I tried in dedicated theater build and did not get clarifying answers. If it needs to be moved, hopefully a mod will help me.

Ok, Just a little bit of info on my setup/planned setup,
I have the Denon X4200,
I have a theater room that is 15ft X 21ft X 9ft (planned 2 rows of seating) I am going with an AT screen. I currently have DIY Cinema 10 MAX L/C/R speakers, 2 volt 10LX side surounds, and I planned on 2 more Volt 10LX rear surounds. I also have 2 DIY 18" subs driven from by Inuke 6000DSP. That is a 7.2 setup correct? I know where to run my in wall wiring for this setup, BUT I'm not sure if the Denon will do Atmos speakers also (7.2.2 setup, or if another amp would be needed) Should I run Atmos wires to 4 location? ? Can this amp do a 7.2.2 on its own? What would I need if I wanted to go with a 7.2.4 setup? I just want to be sure I run enough wire to the correct locations before I put up my double dywall. Thanks for any help with this. Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2016, 04:38 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9815 Post(s)
Liked: 4567
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd4141 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post these questions, I tried in dedicated theater build and did not get clarifying answers. If it needs to be moved, hopefully a mod will help me.

Ok, Just a little bit of info on my setup/planned setup,
I have the Denon X4200,
I have a theater room that is 15ft X 21ft X 9ft (planned 2 rows of seating) I am going with an AT screen. I currently have DIY Cinema 10 MAX L/C/R speakers, 2 volt 10LX side surounds, and I planned on 2 more Volt 10LX rear surounds. I also have 2 DIY 18" subs driven from by Inuke 6000DSP. That is a 7.2 setup correct? I know where to run my in wall wiring for this setup, BUT I'm not sure if the Denon will do Atmos speakers also (7.2.2 setup, or if another amp would be needed) Should I run Atmos wires to 4 location? ? Can this amp do a 7.2.2 on its own? What would I need if I wanted to go with a 7.2.4 setup? I just want to be sure I run enough wire to the correct locations before I put up my double dywall. Thanks for any help with this. Marc

1. Correct. Currently a 7.2 setup.
2. The X4200W is a 7CH AVR and would need an external 2CH amp to expand to 7.2.2.
3. Yes, 4 speakers will be better than 2 height speakers.
4. No. See #2.
5. You would need to upgrade to the X6200W and also add a 2CH external amp for a 7.2.4 setup.

Also ... AVR related questions are best served posted in their respective Owner's thread ....

The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2)

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2016, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 280
For a big room go with x.2.4. Or at least wire for it so you get front to rear,
side to side and diagonal panning at the overhead level. You lose two of those
movements with only 2 height speakers.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2016, 04:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2467 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Wire the theater for more speakers, as many as you think you might expand to in the future. Speaker wire is cheap. Adding more later is expensive because of the labor to open up the walls to run the cables. For most, this would be a 9.2.6 speaker configuration.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page