Originally Posted by Gymbow
I keep getting notification alerts of the Aura 3D upgrade, despite selecting 'Ignore' several times. It's very annoying, to the point that I've turned off Firmware Notifications to avoid getting this alert every time I turn on my 4300H. Seems to me this is a bug. Anyone else notice this?
The Auro 3D notice is not a firmware "update" but rather an "upgrade", therefore you must set "Upgrade Notifications" to OFF, not "Update Notifications."
There is a lot of very good information that is listed in the first 8 posts of this thread, including information on how to disable the "Upgrade" notification in post 8.
Auro 3D/2D + Auro-Matic (simulates audio to height speakers from non-Auro BD/DVD) Upgrade instructions (USA models only)
Only the X4300 and X6300 can be upgraded to Auro 3D/2D (firmware upgrade available beginning Jan 5, 2017):
1. Connect the unit to the internet.
2. Ensure the unit has the latest firmware update installed.
3. Using the GUI, select Upgrade now or go to GENERAL -- FIRMWARE -- ADD NEW FEATURE and write down the "Upgrade ID" listed on the display
4. Go to the Upgrade website at http://upgrade.denon.com/na/denon/pages/home.aspx
5. Complete the Auro 3D upgrade Personal form to include personal information, the unit's serial number (listed on back of unit or on original box), and the Upgrade ID obtained in step 3.
6. Enter credit card information - cost is $199 USD which will also include the Auro 3D Demo disk.
7. Once the card has been processed, the Auro 3D upgrade will be available to download to the unit (estimated download time - will vary depending on internet connection)
(1) For those X4300 and X6300 owners not wanting to upgrade to Auro 3D at this time, you will be given the option to set Upgrade Notification to OFF on initial setup or you can go to SETUP -- GENERAL -- FIRMWARE -- NOTIFICATIONS -- UPGRADE and select OFF so you don't get the Upgrade notification each time the unit is powered ON.
(2) A number of prior year model owners with the Auro 3D upgrade have noted they prefer the Dolby Surround upmixer (DSU) for movies and Auro-Matic for music.
(3) Additional information on Auro 3D/2D can be found in the Official Auro 3D thread.