Which amp besides DA SA1000 for 8 DA Buttshakers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2016, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Which amp besides DA SA1000 for 8 DA Buttshakers?

The only one I am seeing is the Dayton audio SA1000 for about 400 bucks shipped which is around my budget. Since I'm running 8 of these they will run at 8 ohms. Any other options for around the same price or cheaper? I do not want a plate amp I like the rack mount ones. 8 of theses give me 400 watts rms and I like bass and these will run for both music and movie duties. I just wanted to see what other options are out there for me, not that I'm against that amp but it's always good to have options. Also it needs to have lfe input, thanks in advance

Last edited by chicago1; 06-17-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-20-2016, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'm using a QSC PLX2 for my bass shakers. I'm using the crossover in my pre-pro so I didn't need any processing in the amp. Any decent amp with sufficient wattage should work fine.

-tm
post #3 of 3 Old 06-21-2016, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 53
^ Yeah that's some baller **** right there!!! I just went with the DA SA1000. Got one of ebay for 300 shipped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors