Yamaha - RXV681 or other choices - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-19-2016, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yamaha - RXV681 or other choices

Hello,
This forum has been very helpful for AVS newbies and really appreciate all the thoughts and guidance.

We bought a 65 inch Samsung KS8000 last night and Best Buy is going to come and hang it on the wall in a couple of weeks. We bought a new home few months back and this TV is going to be in the basement - the area is pretty wide and large. We got all the pre-wiring done for a 7.1 in-ceiling speaker system.

So, this is what I am thinking -
1. I will get a Yamaha RX-V681 model receiver - it is about $600. Is there a better option around that price point that goes well with the Samsung TV. Of course, need the 4K Ultra passthrough and all that jazz
2. Do I need an additional subwoofer?
3. I have a sound-bar currently but I will probably get the in-ceiling speakers - Speakercraft CRS6 or AIM? Anything else I should consider.

Appreciate the thoughts.

EDIT - Denon S920W seems to be a comparable product.
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-S92.../dp/B013MCJ6BG

Last edited by xanadu30; 06-19-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread