Help with Denon AVR-2312CI - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-20-2016, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Help with Denon AVR-2312CI

I had this Denon AVR-2312CI for a few years now. It's labeled as a 7.2. But I was never able to get the second subwoofer output to work. I ended up using a splitter off the 1st subwoofer output. Recently emailed denon and they say it should work with lfe+main setting turned on. I havent tried yet. My question is this.....

1. Is the 2nd subwoofer output actually a second subwoofer channel? Or is it just the same thing as using a splitter, it's just split inside the reciever??

2. Is there any benefit to running my subs independent via each subwoofer output vs. How I currently have it set up, which is both subs ran to sub output 1 with a splitter.

On another note, I have another set of questions regarding the center channel output. I get good results with Audyssey, however my center channel does break up a bit on loud movie scenes. If I change setting to Audyssey flat, seems to help, but it also seems to lose overall output and bass throughout the whole system. Any suggestions for this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-20-2016, 06:58 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10330 Post(s)
Liked: 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneb210 View Post
I had this Denon AVR-2312CI for a few years now. It's labeled as a 7.2. But I was never able to get the second subwoofer output to work. I ended up using a splitter off the 1st subwoofer output. Recently emailed denon and they say it should work with lfe+main setting turned on. I havent tried yet. My question is this.....

1. Is the 2nd subwoofer output actually a second subwoofer channel? Or is it just the same thing as using a splitter, it's just split inside the reciever??

2. Is there any benefit to running my subs independent via each subwoofer output vs. How I currently have it set up, which is both subs ran to sub output 1 with a splitter.

On another note, I have another set of questions regarding the center channel output. I get good results with Audyssey, however my center channel does break up a bit on loud movie scenes. If I change setting to Audyssey flat, seems to help, but it also seems to lose overall output and bass throughout the whole system. Any suggestions for this problem?
1. Simply the two ends of an internal "Y" splitter cable.
2. Nope.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, SVS, Oppo

Ask me how to get a FREE HEOS 1 HS2 wireless/Bluetooth speaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page