Yamaha RX-A1050 recommended sound levels - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2016, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha RX-A1050 recommended sound levels

I am not sure if I'm posting in the right section but hopefully you guys can help me out. I currently own a Yamaha RX-A1050 receiver. I use the little mic thing that came with it and use the automatic feature for the sound levels. For some reason I'm not all that impressed with the outcome. I notice the Surround speakers seem much lower in sound. I basically have 2 front speakers, subwoofer, a center, 2 Surround speakers and to back speakers in this setup (FYI) What is the best balance for going with the manual option? Also, writing it down here would be very appreciated so I can apply the settings and see if I notice any noticeable differences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 121
How many measurements did you take? The more the better. You can always manually adjust it afterward to your liking, but it is trying to get the levels set so that they all match to the different listening positions with the first being the most important. Also, did you use a tripod and set it at ear height? If not do that or something as close to that as possible. Some receivers come with something to hold the calibration mic, my Yamaha did not.

When you notice that the surrounds are lower, were you in the primary position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement