Yamaha RX-V679 Subwoofer issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-12-2016, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yamaha RX-V679 Subwoofer issue

I finally am getting to setting up my home theater after moving 6 weeks ago.

I am super happy with my choices but have a really weird problem.

The subwoofer is an svs pb100. I have pioneer andrew jones 7 channels.

Signal I'm using is from directtv to the receiver via hdmi, also tested with playstation3.

Set everything up. Hooked up to web then updated firmware to latest before I did anything else.

Then I ran the auto setup. It correctly detected everything including the sub and everything should be great.

For whatever reason though for the life of me I cannot get it to output to the sub on anything except the 7 channel stereo. There is nothing wrong with the sub but when I use any of the decoders they simply do not output to the sub (per both the lights on the front and when I hit information the sub speaker is grayed)

I've gone to manual setup and made sure it says use sub, yes etc but nothing. It sounds awesome when in 7ch stereo but I obviously want to use the modes.

Any ides, I'm at my wits end here. Happy to provide any needed details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-12-2016, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 226
need to have all the speakers set to small I believe to get sub working. if set to large nothing goes to sub

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP
post #3 of 4 Old 07-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 50
If you want to run all speakers Large and want subwoofer to play along enable extra bass. It's located in manual settings/speaker ssettings. I'm not to sure it might be worded differently. I have a yamaha rx a1010, but havent used it for a while.
post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you both so much! They both worked! I wasted hours before those easy solutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
RX-V679
Gear in this thread