#1 ·
Just ran through this list, I am waiting for more information on these

SC-LX901 11Ch
SC-LX801 9Ch
SC-LX701 9Ch

#2 · (Edited)

Attachments

#3 ·
So after the findings that the Onkyo RZ-3100 looks te be the same device as the SC-LX901.

I am going to follow the thread here. Which is very empty BTW.

#4 ·
Pioneer SC-LX701 / SC-801 / SC-LX901 Receviers

I spotted a pioneer sclx501 at magnolia for the fist time. Overall, onkyo influence is all over, this is sc91 equivalent. Side fan is now gone, display looks a little different. Remote is much more streamlined like on lc301 and 101 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
First glance at the LX901.

#16 ·
It's in French but a small look at the AVR.

#26 ·
Speakers : Klipsch RP-280F
Center : Klipsch RP-440C
SW : Klipsch R-112SW

Having owned only Pioneer receivers VSX-52 Elite & one prior (don't remember the model number); I was looking for a new AVR that supported 4k w/HDCP 2.2 so I decided to purchase the new SC-LX701. After running the MCACC and manually adjusting with REW using my UMIK-1 I was not happy with the sound the unit was producing. I have always enjoyed my prior Pioneer AVRs but this unit to me sounds to bright & artificial. I spent hours tweaking EQ & level settings never to achieve a natural sounding sound stage. I cant say why the SC-LX701 sounds so drastically different from my VSX-52, it could be the DACs or the different Class D3 amps. I ended up exchanging the unity for an open box Yamaha 2060 for $300 off sticker. With the Yamaha I ran the YPAO, set the speaker size, X-over, set the subwoofer level and was done, this was by far the best most natural sound I have had with minimal to no effort on my part. I haven't even run REW and don't think I even want too.

I know Klipsch are suppose to be bright speakers to begin with but with the Yamaha they sound so amazing.

Please don't read this as Pioneer bashing, I loved my prior Pioneer AVRs, I just wanted to share my experience with the SC-LX701.

#27 ·
I had a similar experience with a Pioneer SC-85. I sold that unit for a Yamaha 3040 at the time (iirc). Something was just off with the Pioneer.

I was hoping it was just a one off for that series. I need another avr for a second room and was looking back at Pioneer.

#28 ·
Personally I think you are hearing an Onkyo sound signature. Because the RZ-series are based on the same new Pioneer series.

#30 ·
I have the Lx89 and it sounds great.
The new LX series has a simplified / graded down version of MCACC.

#1,120 ·
Just received my 701 and I get no picture(but sound) with my PS4 Pro and I get Picture/Sound with the Xbox X until I launch Netflix then its only sound.

I am using the 1st 3 HDMI ports on the 701 and it says there are HDCP2.2...

Is there a setting hidden somewhere to enable 444 or HDR? As I am guessing this will fix my issues?

The TV is a 75Z9D and my other AVR the Pioneer 1130K gives me no issues and I have tried different wires.

#33 ·
the sound from onkyo is complete différent ,is very funny ,some people think onkyo buy pioneer and he make same sound all samethink ,mutch people buy onkyo tx-rz1100 and said onkyo keep the sound onkyo and pioneer sound is different normal ,same company but is not kill the brother (pioneer).

Reactions: thebrieze01
#36 ·
Onkyo has a brighter sound than Pioneer.
In experience with an Onkyo with Audyssey.

Reactions: noshank
#42 ·
Anyone have any further insight into these units (701/801)?

I've been looking to replace an aging Denon which seems to be on the way out (front channels cut out unexpectedly, reset unit, repeat again in a few days/weeks). Normally I would just go straight back to another Denon, but I am also looking for a unit that can potentially handle 4 ohm speakers, and Pioneer seems to be about the only one in this price range that "officially" supports such a configuration w/o separate amps.

I found one review (German website) for the LX801 which was fairly informative (only place I could find showing off new OSD), but as it stands right now there seems to be very little information out there about these. I am also curious about the real differences between 701 vs the 801... as Mentaltilt noted, the pdf/comparison tool basically makes these out to be the same, minus AIR "certification" and slightly more power, but I find it odd the specifications show a 6 lbs different between the two while retaining the same dimensions.