AVS Forum banner

Help With First System Setup

263 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sigpig 
#1 ·
Hello everybody! This is my first post here and I am trying to set up my first HT system. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the official thread for my reciever, so please correct me if it is in the wrong place.

I have 2 SVS Prime Bookshelves and a PB Plus 12 hooked up to a Yamaha RX A2010 but I cannot get any of the speakers to play. I have my phone hooked up to the USB and I am able to get it to display on my TV, but no sound is coming out. I have everything hooked up correctly (as far as I know) and I am guessing it must be the settings that are preventing it from working. I don't know how to get the power amp to power the 2.1 system since it isn't one of the presets in the Power Amp Assignment options.

One quick note, I tried to use the YPAO and it gave me an error saying that I needed to remove the headphones from it. I don't have any headphones plugged into it, but when I spoke with a tech assistant they said that could be because I am using a 2.1 and it is expecting at least a 5.1 for the YPOA to be used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really want to get this system working.

#2 ·
A picture of how you have everything connected may give us a better idea of what's going on.

#4 ·
I think I have figured out the issue. The receiver does in fact believe that there are headphones attached currently and is using that for the output (it does so automatically, there is no setting to change this). I am guessing something could have fallen into the port while it was shipped recently. Does anybody know what to do for this?

#5 ·
Try plugging in a set of headphone (if you haven't already tried). See If the jack goes all the way in then pull it back out. That should tell you if something is stuck in there. Did you buy the receiver new or referbished?

#10 ·
Have you tried putting a vacuum hose up to the port?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.