I have an Denon AVR-X2200W, will it support HDR and HDMI 2.0a? (xpost reddit) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By urbanracer34

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2016, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an Denon AVR-X2200W, will it support HDR and HDMI 2.0a? (xpost reddit)

I posted this on reddit/r/hometheater and one of the people there suggested getting in touch with you guys, specifically a problem in the first paragraph.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater...pe_to_upgrade/

I bought this after consulting various internet forums and reddits a few months ago. It has worked wonderfully, except for the fact that the audio will not go up or down after power on unless you switch it off and on quickly a couple times.

It has firmware version 2400-4140-6075 currently on it, and checking for firmware updates, it says it's on the latest available.

Will it support HDR, HDMI 2.0a, and BT.2020 should I buy a 4k tv in the next couple of years? Has anyone tested this model with a 4k tv before? or did I buy it at the wrong time, seeing as new models came out?

The person suggested I contact JDsmoothie regarding the underlined issue.

(S)he said this:
"I wouldn't think so (If my settings file would carry over this bug) and if you've already done 2 factory resets already I doubt it will help. I would call Denon support and get a ticket started on it. They will have you try several things first (like a factory reset) that you've already done but it sounds like there's something wrong with the receiver. If you can get past the first level of CS people maybe you could get a tech on the line or get a call back from one who might have more insight but I wouldn't just put up with it doing that. Somethings up."

Oh yay.
Madmax67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2016, 10:17 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10203 Post(s)
Liked: 4736
Yes, as noted in post 1 of the below linked thread the 2015 Denon AVRs (including the X2200W) all support connecting to a 4k TV w/HDMI 2.0a(HDR) and HDCP 2.2.

The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2)

Regarding your volume issue ... if resetting the unit a few times in a row hasn't resolved the issue, you've got a defective unit which either needs to be exchanged/replaced (if within return period) or repaired.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 07-20-2016 at 10:20 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-27-2016, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Alright, thanks JD. I was worried it would come to this.

Last edited by urbanracer34; 07-27-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: did not realize he touched upon my issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread