AVS Forum banner

Would you buy a floor model receiver?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  wes182 
#1 ·
I am able to get a great deal on a Yamaha RX-V679. $250 tax included for a PC Richards floor model. It has the 30 day return policy and a 2 year warranty.

Is there anything to be really concerned about getting it? The display shuts off after use, so it is not running all day or anything of the sort.

#3 ·
I have been using a Marantz AVR for 10 years now. Yamaha is known to be equally (if not more) reliable. As long as you live in a place with stable power supply and don't push it to unreasonable levels, AVRs tend to last very long. If the price is really good, you get the complete kit with all accessories and full warranty, there is nothing to worry about the purchase.

#7 ·
I thought the Yamaha warranty was three years?

#8 ·
Components in the Aventage line have a three-year warranty. All other Yamaha receivers have a two-year warranty.

#9 ·
The guy reneged on his offer. So I ended up with a 681 for $400. Not as good of a price as the rev 679, but this is a new model and not used. So I am still happy.

For those out there, the $681 can be had for $400. The manager said they get them from $383. So I am not sure if you guys have places that you can negotiate with, but my local place was able to do that for me.

So happy hunting. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.