AVS Forum banner

Official Marantz AV7703 Thread

Tags
av7703
224K views 2K replies 270 participants last post by  Hometheater Marine 
#1 ·
Sorry, I know nothing about it. My AV7702 got cooked in a lightning strike, so I need a new prepro.

I placed a preorder, so figured I'd start a thread :).

#6 ·
No photo's and no details. :eek:

#12 ·
Interesting. Will the 7703 have any improvements over the 7702 Mk II in regard to SQ especially for music? Any links form Marantz? I looked but didn't see anything. Is there a release date?

Bill

#13 ·
This will most likely be next purchase, I want to setup 5.1.4 atmos. I wish marantz would allow 4 saved speaker setups like Anthem does, that would be nice. I could then setup a 5.1.4 and keep my current 7.1 and switch back and forth. I was considering the 8802A but was told to save the money since i will not be using this for music only Tv and Movies.

#20 ·
Is the 8802 still the unit to get for music , or is the mkii or 7703 gonna be a good option too . I am currently using oppo 105 to parasound p7 for everything and want something similar in sq actually a little smoother since the sabre Dac is to bright for my setup

#38 ·
AV7703 looks to be the same rear layout as the AV7702.

Attachments

#39 ·
One major difference is the 7702 has "Front Wide/Height1", while 7703 only has "Height1" as label next to that output.

#40 ·
AV7703 and SR7011 should be announced pretty soon.

Attachments

#41 ·
Just purchased an XBR75X940D 4K TV and need a new prepro to replace my Onkyo! It looks like this might be the new replacement. I have placed a preorder!

#43 · (Edited)
When is the replacement for the av8802a supposed to come out? Next year? I am torn between an 8803 or 7703. I only use my system for movies and tv, however I want the best capable sound from my speakers to get the best movies experience. I usually do a ton of research but now that my wife and I had a baby and he is elven months old I just do not have the time.

#45 ·
The 7703 is on the floor at Cedia.

#46 · (Edited)
The AV7703 is confirmed to not being released until end of October.

I was also able to confirm that the DSU / DTS Neural:X cross mix update should come pre-loaded from the factory. :)

The Pandora logon fix being issued to the lower level 2016 models does not apply to the AV7703, as the networking sources (ie. Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM) are no longer located on the AVP, rather they will be streamed "to" the AVP's HEOS module from a smart phone/tablet using the Denon HEOS app. As a reminder, this app has a demo mode so you can download it (FREE) and check it out if you like.

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dnm.heos.phone&hl=en

iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heos-by-denon/id843129434?mt=8

#50 ·
Impressive job in pitching the 7702mkII with Heos... Aside from the new calibration app, I can't imagine a lot of people upgrading unless they skipped the mkII and have a pre-4K preamp

#51 · (Edited)
Through arm twisting and begging, I am getting an advanced unit of the 7703 this Wednesday (9/21/16). The production ship date is over one month away. So as you might guess, I am stoked to see and hear it a month or more early. I'll be posting my impressions. Yea... I'll pop the hood and snap some pictures as well.:grin:

Since the 03 higherend platform has the new HEOS engine in it, I will also be listening and examining the HEOS prepro GUI and user friendliness. I've heard it. But a lot of customers have not. Therefore, I will be listening to a couple of the HEOS boxes using the 7703 and posting our impressions. Basically the 7703 has this https://usa.denon.com/us/heos-link built inside of it ($349 retail). My understanding is the price point of the 7703 is the same as the 7702mkii. Their motivation is for all of us to get addicted to their new platform that goes head-to-head with Sonos. In fact, initial shipments will include a free HEOS 1 (and allow people to trade-up by paying more $$'s). This will be a limited time.... More on other posts. If anyone has a SONOS to borrow, I'd like to compare them with the HEOS (SQ wise).

I'm 2 hours north of the Twin Cities. So I asked a customer of mine who has a well treated room (measures well) if I can host the event at his house near Minneapolis. He agreed. He has an 8801. I'll drag over a brand new 8802A and we can compare the SQ between the 8801, 8802A, and 7703. I was told there have been some small running changes between the mkii and 7703. Every generation has them for SQ reasons. I'll get to that later.

It's always good to listen and compare in different rooms with different gear. Plus, I always like comparing with other people too. If an MN AVS members would like to attend, PM me. It will probably be this coming Saturday. I'll be buying some pizza etc. The goal is to have fun and learn. The only rule is whoever attends the listening session must post what they heard (HEOS, etc). If anyone has a SONOS device to bring over, that would also be helpful. While discussing HEOS it isn't officially part of a 7703, the feature IMHO important and related.

#56 ·
For those early adopters, the AV7703 is available for pre order at B&H with expected availability date of October 6th. Listed price is $2199.