The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha TSR-7810/RX-v781 Owner's thread. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 262Likes

post #1 of 915 Old 12-02-2016, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha TSR-7810/RX-v781 Owner's thread.

I just received my receiver from Costco yesterday, and set it up today. It appears similar to, if not identical spec-wise to the RX-V781.

7.2-channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
Fully loaded with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, AirPlay® and Spotify Connect
Stream Pandora®, Spotify, Napster®, SiriusXM Internet Radio and thousands of free internet radio stations
6-in, 2-out HDMI® with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling
HDCP 2.2, high dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
Dual HDMI output (Zone B video) and Zone 2 audio
Phono input to connect to your favorite turntable
Compressed Music Enhancer and high-resolution audio support for sound clarity
YPAO™ multipoint sound optimization tuning for your home
Aluminum front panel

I thought I'd start a thread for this unit, so we can keep all of the info on it in one place.

Yamaha: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio.../tsr/tsr-7810/

Costco: http://www.costco.com/Yamaha-TSR-781...100308760.html

This is replacing a Pioneer VSX-1122, that I have used for a few years...but wanted to get Pandora and better Zone 2 inputs.

I'll post more in the next couple of days.

Robert

Last edited by MrSanRamon; 12-02-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 915 Old 12-02-2016, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Just got mine delivered today, have not hooked it up yet but I will post impressions soon!
post #3 of 915 Old 12-02-2016, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

So far the TSR-7810 is working fine...took about 2 hours to unhook the Pioneer and hook up the Yamaha. It was a small area with limited access. I really hope I don't have to change out this receiver any time soon.

I like the options for zone 2 and that Pandora works. Pioneer has apparently given up on Pandora, they don't list that option on any of their new receivers.

Using Pandora, I can get rid of one of my XM subscriptions.

The iPad & Android app is different to what I'm used to, but seems really nice so far. Hoping to get more familiar with it in the next couple days.

So far, glad I got this receiver.

http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset...asset_id=67640

Robert

Last edited by MrSanRamon; 12-02-2016 at 06:23 PM.

post #4 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Dropping connection?

I have a TSR-7810 I'm evaluating. I have it hooked up to a Vizio 4k television and ATT Uverse set top box. Polk speakers in 3.1 configuration (RM8000t fronts).

Setup (once I figured out how to get in to setup) is nice -- the menus "feel" much better than those on the Onkyo this unit may replace.

However... periodically when watching a movie, the television screen goes blank and displays the message "no signal", picking up the signal again after 5-10 seconds and redisplaying the movie.

Other than swapping receivers, nothing else has changed. Any ideas for what this could be? Yeah, I'll call support when I have a chance today.
post #5 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfGovern View Post
However... periodically when watching a movie, the television screen goes blank and displays the message "no signal"

So I assume that this is occurring while using a DVD/BD player, correct?

Are you using HDMI...this is what I'm also assuming?

Does it occur when using any other sources...Apple TV, Roku, Cable/Sat?

My first guess would be either a bad HDMI cable, a HDMI cable that isn't fully plugged in or some kind of incompatibility with the output of the DVD/BD player.

I'd swap out the cable and see what happens before I did anything else, other than look at the output from the DVD/BD player. Is the output set on "pass thru" or similar that isn't processing the disc output?

When this happens can you see the receiver? Is the HDMI "handshake light" on steady when this happens?

Robert

Last edited by MrSanRamon; 12-03-2016 at 09:38 AM.
post #6 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Thanks for starting this thread! I'll weigh in on my purchase too.

MY SETUP
Just got it a couple days ago. I replaced an Onkyo TX-DS595, about 15 years old. Running a 5.1 system (Sierra 2 front/center/left, old PSB300s in back, 15" subwoofer Seaton Sound MFW-15 Turbo-SS). Hope to add a 65" OLED TV in January (LG OLED65B6p). It's a pretty typical 50/50 music/HT situation in a 15x15x8 room. I stream everything, no cable TV, and an over-the-air antenna (doubt I'll ever buy a physical media player again, that makes me a freak here, right? ).

CALIBRATION
I am not an audiophile, but I want the system to sound its best, so I'm trying to calibrate it with REW and a miniDSP UMIK-1 microphone. Part of the reason I bought the 7810 was that it can be calibrated down to 15.6Hz, which was new for even the Yamaha Aventage line in 2016 (I nearly bought an RX-A760 from A4L). Running YPAO was easy, but I'm hopeful REW will make it sound even better. But it is a bit of a learning curve, and I'm struggling with that.

GOOD
--Sounds silly, but I really like the internet radio feature, and how you can create a set of presets of 100's of stations all over the world. And a button on the front makes it easy to switch to it (Net/TV/Radio). Wish there was a search feature in it though (it's just a bunch of station lists).
--With an HDMI cable and ARC, it was really easy to get the AVR and TV talking, so I can just use the simple TV remote to turn them both on/off and adjust the volume.
And it has a phono amp built in (yes I still play records)
--Airplay was easy to figure out too

BAD
I find the on-screen menus and the manual confusing for a novice. For example, there are a bunch of digital signal processing (DSP) modes that just get in the way (on the remote, on the front panel, in the interface). I just want to hear the sound as it was intended, do a lot of people really like the applied 'effects'?

CONCLUSION
My initial feeling is that the 7810 is overkill for my needs, but I think it's a nice mix of good price/good warranty/Yamaha reliability/good features. I can play my old records, I can add 2-channel Atmos later or a second zone in another room or wireless speakers if I get the itch. Problem is, I think I will struggle to use it to its full potential, and will have to spend a long time 'exploring' it. But I doubt I'll return it.

Hope this helps someone

-john

Last edited by marathonnutcase; 12-03-2016 at 01:04 PM.
post #7 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonnutcase View Post
Wish there was a search feature in it though (it's just a bunch of station lists).

On your computer, go to the address below and enter in your MAC address. I had to go to my router to get the address that finally worked, the one that comes up when I queried my receiver was incorrect. Probably because I have an expansion switch between the router and the receiver.

http://yradio.vtuner.com

After you get in, make an account and then you can come back to your list anytime.

Browse around in the genre(s) you like and click on the blue "heart +" and that station is added to you fav's.

This is a better way to do it.

Robert
SelfGovern likes this.

Last edited by MrSanRamon; 12-03-2016 at 06:17 PM.
post #8 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello Everyone!

I ordered my Yamaha TSR-7810 from Costco the day after Thanksgiving (to take advantage of the $40 off promo) and I just received it this past Thursday. Went shopping around Best Buy the day after I bought the Costco receiver and saw an open box Yamaha RX-A860 that was marked down about $250, so I decided to get that one, too, and decide between the two receivers. So, I spent this past week setting up and listening to the RX-A860, and then today swapping out the A860 for the 7810 and setting it up. My wife thinks I'm crazy!

From what I can tell, there is VERY little difference between the two receivers. I know they very similar in terms of inputs/outputs, power, and features, but I guess I was expecting to hear more of a difference from the TSR series to the Aventage line. Bottom line, I'm keeping the 7810 and returning the A860 to Best Buy for a refund. The A860 is a fine unit, but I just can't justify a difference of almost $260! Sure, build-wise, the A860 is a notch above the 7810, but I was still impressed with the quality of build of the 7810.

I performed an update on the 7810 to version 1.26 today, and everything (that I've tried) seems to work great. I LOVE listening to Pandora (it's so great to have choices instead of commercial-ridden FM radio). I was a bit disappointed in both units not having Dolby ProLogic IIx and its variants, but the more I listen to the Dolby Surround decoder on the 7810, the more it grows on me. I am currently using the 7810 as a preamp, and I specifically bought it for the fact it has preamp outputs. It is hooked up to an Emotiva UPA-500 amp. It sounds simply fantastic. I had to adjust some of the YPAO results (for some reason both the A860 and the 7810 set my Polk Audio RTi4 monitors as "large"), but it pretty much nailed the distances down. I love the functionality of this unit. Kudos to Yamaha for including 7.2 preamp outputs on a receiver that doesn't brake the bank!!
post #9 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 09:42 PM

Still haven't hooked mine up yet but was wondering a little advice on speakers.. right now I have Paradigm Cinema floorstanding speakers and I wanted upgrade. My budget is around $1100-$1500 for the fronts, and honestly I'd like to get a new center channel as well.

http://www.paradigm.com/products-cur.../page=overview <~~ what do you guys think about those? Right now they have a deal where they will throw in the center for FREE and I can get a deal from my local guy for $1500 for the L, R and C.

Any and all responses are appreciated thank you! My split is 70% movies to 30% music and I have Paradigm bookshelf speakers as my surrounds.
post #10 of 915 Old 12-03-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javan robinson View Post
Still haven't hooked mine up yet but was wondering a little advice on speakers.. right now I have Paradigm Cinema floorstanding speakers and I wanted upgrade. My budget is around $1100-$1500 for the fronts, and honestly I'd like to get a new center channel as well.
Quote:
http://www.paradigm.com/products-current/type=tower/model=monitor-9/page=overview <~~ what do you guys think about those? Right now they have a deal where they will throw in the center for FREE and I can get a deal from my local guy for $1500 for the L, R and C.

Any and all responses are appreciated thank you! My split is 70% movies to 30% music and I have Paradigm bookshelf speakers as my surrounds.

Javan, Paradigm is certainly an excellent brand of speaker, but be careful about mating those up with the Yamaha TSR-7810. If I remember correctly, the "nominal" impedance load on the Paradigms is typically around 6 ohms, which the 7810 should be able to drive without issue, but if they dip too much below that it could put some undo strain on the amp.
post #11 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanRamon View Post
So I assume that this is occurring while using a DVD/BD player, correct?

Are you using HDMI...this is what I'm also assuming?

Does it occur when using any other sources...Apple TV, Roku, Cable/Sat?

My first guess would be either a bad HDMI cable, a HDMI cable that isn't fully plugged in or some kind of incompatibility with the output of the DVD/BD player.

I'd swap out the cable and see what happens before I did anything else, other than look at the output from the DVD/BD player. Is the output set on "pass thru" or similar that isn't processing the disc output?

When this happens can you see the receiver? Is the HDMI "handshake light" on steady when this happens?

Robert
This also happened to me, the screen would go black with sound just no video for 3 to 5 seconds.
Regardless Of the input (PS3, fire TV, or TiVo) they are experience the black out.
I would stay it out happens randomly, maybe once every 5 mins.
My unit have the latest firmware update.
post #12 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2AUDIO View Post

Javan, Paradigm is certainly an excellent brand of speaker, but be careful about mating those up with the Yamaha TSR-7810. If I remember correctly, the "nominal" impedance load on the Paradigms is typically around 6 ohms, which the 7810 should be able to drive without issue, but if they dip too much below that it could put some undo strain on the amp.
Hey thank you for the information! According to the specs on these speakers they are 8ohms, what would make them dip down to below 6 exactly?

Also, can you think of any other speakers that would pair well with this avr within my budget?

Thank you again!
post #13 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Hey thank you for the information! According to the specs on these speakers they are 8ohms, what would make them dip down to below 6 exactly?

Also, can you think of any other speakers that would pair well with this avr within my budget?

Thank you again!

The impedance on speakers will vary according to the program material. Most speakers operate within a certain impedance range, but efficient speakers like the Paradigms (i.e., 8 ohms, ) require less power to produce the same volume as inefficient speakers (i.e., <6 ohms) do. I would pair speakers that do not sound overly bright by design, but the best way to determine that would be to audition them in person. Since that's not always possible, the next best thing is to go by a professional reviewer's comments for how they sound. Unfortunately, everyone hears things differently, so you only have their evaluation to go by.
post #14 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

There is a 6 ohm speaker setting for the receiver, refer to page 19 of the users manual.

Robert
post #15 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk2888 View Post
This also happened to me, the screen would go black with sound just no video for 3 to 5 seconds.
Regardless Of the input (PS3, fire TV, or TiVo) they are experience the black out. I would stay it out happens randomly, maybe once every 5 mins. My unit have the latest firmware update.
I have a Comcast box, Roku & Apple TV boxes and a BD player attached to my 7810 and I haven't had any drop outs so far.

I use inexpensive HDMI cables I got at Amazon, mediabridge or bluerigger probably.

When that happens, does the red HDMI indicator go off then come back on?

Robert
post #16 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfGovern
> > However... periodically when watching a movie, the television screen goes blank and displays the message "no signal"

> So I assume that this is occurring while using a DVD/BD player, correct?

Actually, I noticed it most during DVR playback (From an ATT Uverse box)

> Are you using HDMI...this is what I'm also assuming?
> Does it occur when using any other sources...Apple TV, Roku, Cable/Sat?

Yes, HDMI.
Ony noticed it with the Uverse DVR, but didn't do a lot of testing.

> My first guess would be either a bad HDMI cable, a HDMI cable that isn't fully plugged in or some kind of incompatibility with the
> output of the DVD/BD player.
>
> I'd swap out the cable and see what happens before I did anything else, other than look at the output from the DVD/BD player.
> Is the output set on "pass thru" or similar that isn't processing the disc output?

> When this happens can you see the receiver? Is the HDMI "handshake light" on steady when this happens?

Hadn't noticed the HDMI light one way or the other. In any case... when I saw that my local Fry's had a $500 out-the-door deal on a Pioneer Elite SC-91, I picked that up and am quite happy with it. I'll get the Yamaha back to Costco and let them know there may be a HW issue with it.

I do appreciate your taking the time to answer.
post #17 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I have a Comcast box, Roku & Apple TV boxes and a BD player attached to my 7810 and I haven't had any drop outs so far.

I use inexpensive HDMI cables I got at Amazon, mediabridge or bluerigger probably.

When that happens, does the red HDMI indicator go off then come back on?

Robert
My HDMI cables are new and most recent.
No the HDMI red light on the receiver doesn't turn off it's still on while the video goes out.

As I use my unit more more, the black outs are happening less and less.

Last edited by jmk2888; 12-04-2016 at 07:12 PM.
post #18 of 915 Old 12-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 77
So I have a Vizio P75 coming. There is a high speed gaming Input (HDMI 5) and then HDMI 1-4 do HDR.

Since this AVR has two HDMI ports could I plug two different hdmi's to the TV.

When I play games I can tune it to HDMI 5 and when watching HDR movies, HDMI 1-4.

I have a 7.1 setup and don't want to plug my devices directly into my TV then back to this avr using arc or optical. Would only get me 5.1

All receivers I have ever owned only had one HDMI output so this is my first time having one with two

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ffactoryxx; 12-04-2016 at 07:08 PM.
post #19 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 AM

I've been trying to setup the HDMI Standby Pass-through on the 7810, and I've noticed something odd that may or may not be normal. It seems that I am able to watch my Dish TV when the unit is in "standby" mode only under the following conditions: 1) the 7810 was on that input prior to being placed in standby, or 2) I select the correct input on the 7810 to view the Dish TV (HDMI 2) prior to turning on the Dish box. This may be normal, but I thought the Dish signal was passed through to the 7810 without having to select an input. Anyone else experience this?
post #20 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
I've been trying to setup the HDMI Standby Pass-through on the 7810, and I've noticed something odd that may or may not be normal. It seems that I am able to watch my Dish TV when the unit is in "standby" mode only under the following conditions: 1) the 7810 was on that input prior to being placed in standby, or 2) I select the correct input on the 7810 to view the Dish TV (HDMI 2) prior to turning on the Dish box. This may be normal, but I thought the Dish signal was passed through to the 7810 without having to select an input. Anyone else experience this?

Sounds like it is working properly. The AVR needs to know what input you want to use.
For standby through the manual says for auto, you can use the input selection keys, which
implies to me you need to select manually, or the last input would be used. When using some other
input function I would normally hit the Tv scene button prior to shutting off the avr.
You may also need to have standby sync set to auto.

For some reason the TV scene button is factory defaulted to to input av4.
I use a Comcast dvr STB connected to HDMI2.
I have also reassigned the TV scene button to use HDMI2 as the input for the tv scene.

Old Mike

Last edited by mf15; 12-05-2016 at 07:04 AM.
post #21 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 07:21 AM

HDMI Standby Through

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post
Sounds like it is working properly. The AVR needs to know what input you want to use.

For some reason the TV scene button is factory defaulted to to input av4.
I use a Comcast dvr STB connected to HDMI2.
I have also reassigned the TV scene button to use HDMI2 as the input for the tv scene.

Old Mike

Old Mike, that's what I was thinking, but it just seems like a "poor man's" standby pass-through way of handling a HDMI signal. Even when my Dish STB is turned "off," there is a signal being sent out from it that shows up on the TV (it's a static image). Not sure if all STBs are like that or if it's just specific to DISH, but you would think that the Yamaha would sense that signal going through it and, therefore, put it the receiver on the right HDMI input (while in standby mode) when the DISH STB is turned on.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's how my former Pioneer SC-1522-k receiver acted when turning on the TV while it was in standby mode, but I could be wrong. It's a minor inconvenience that I don't mind as much for me, but I know it's going to drive my wife bonkers if she turns on the Dish STB and TV only to find that a picture doesn't come up on the TV!

Mike, here's what the manual says about this subject on page 113 when HDMI Standby Through is put in the "Auto" mode: "Auto - Outputs videos/audio to the TV. If no signals are detected, the unit is set to the power-saving mode." But, it also says at the top of that section that "you can use the input selection keys to select an HDMI input even when the unit is in standby mode."

Last edited by N2AUDIO; 12-05-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Update
post #22 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 08:00 AM

My wife will not use the avr only uses the Comcast remote to turn on the stb and tv.
So when done with the blu ray player or whatever else you are using just hit which ever button
that is appropriate to switch to the dish HDMI input.

I think some of the higher end A series has an auto input select function that detects
an activated input. I cant find that function in our manual.
Our auto setting seems to not do the same thing.
Old Mike
post #23 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 08:09 AM

HDMI Standby Through

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post
My wife will not use the avr only uses the Comcast remote to turn on the stb and tv.
So when done with the blu ray player or whatever else you are using just hit which ever button
that is appropriate to switch to the dish HDMI input.

I think some of the higher end A series has an auto input select function that detects
an activated input. I cant find that function in our manual.
Our auto setting seems to not do the same thing.
Old Mike

Old Mike, it's the "remembering-to-change-the-HDMI-input-part" to the Dish TV input that is difficult for me!
post #24 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Old Mike, it's the "remembering-to-change-the-HDMI-input-part" to the Dish TV input that is difficult for me!
Old Mike,
I looked up the "Standby Through" function of the RX-A3060/2060 receivers, and their standby through function is exactly the same as the TSR-7810, so no difference in functionality there. I would think that if "Auto" mode was selected for Standby Through that the receiver would automatically put itself on the right input depending on the signal being sensed, because as I mentioned earlier "if no signals are detected, the unit is set to the power-saving mode." I interpret this to mean that the Yamaha is actively sensing signals while in Standby Through (only if in Auto mode). If it doesn't sense a signal, it continues to stay in power-saving standby mode. Maybe this is something that Yamaha can address in a future update.
post #25 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 09:47 AM

I thought I had found a different auto input setting in the 3060 manual but cannot find it now.
Must have looked at it wrong.

Anyhow mine works the same way as yours.
I left it on hdmi1 and while in standby turned on the stb and tv, which is on hdmi2 the tv info button claims that
there is a 1080p signal, but the screen is black, so some sort of signal is passing, but no picture
or sound, if I then hit the hdmi2 button I get the picture and audio.
So until either the tv scene or hdmi2 button is pressed the avr will stay on hdmi1.
Old Mike

Last edited by mf15; 12-05-2016 at 10:04 AM.
post #26 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just bought my first receiver and a newbie. Need help from the experts. I have 4 Klipsch R-1650-C loud speakers connected to 2 volume control units (2 each on 1 volume control). I want to connect the wire (1 pair - Black & Red) from each volume control unit to receiver to test if the new speakers are working. I do not have the real home theater setup yet. Can I connect these wires to the main and test the audio output from TV?
post #27 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkkishor View Post
Just bought my first receiver and a newbie. Need help from the experts. I have 4 Klipsch R-1650-C loud speakers connected to 2 volume control units (2 each on 1 volume control). I want to connect the wire (1 pair - Black & Red) from each volume control unit to receiver to test if the new speakers are working. I do not have the real home theater setup yet. Can I connect these wires to the main and test the audio output from TV?
If I understand you correctly, I would hook one set to the left main and the other to the right main speaker outputs on the receiver. Then go into setup and run the test tones manually.

You should be able to hear the tones thru each set.

Robert
post #28 of 915 Old 12-05-2016, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
If I understand you correctly, I would hook one set to the left main and the other to the right main speaker outputs on the receiver. Then go into setup and run the test tones manually.

You should be able to hear the tones thru each set.

Robert
Thanks Robert. Will try that out.
post #29 of 915 Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkkishor View Post
Thanks Robert. Will try that out.

Let me know the result.

Robert
post #30 of 915 Old 12-06-2016, 09:15 PM

Well, I ran across something tonight that is somewhat of a short-coming on the 7810, but it may not affect a lot of you out there. I have a JVC D-VHS deck that can output a 1080i signal through its component output. I have the D-VHS deck connected to the component AV1 input on the Yamaha, but I did not connect a component video out to the TV from the Yamaha, assuming that this receiver transcodes the component video input signals to the HDMI outputs. My 2011 NAD T757 could do this, but apparently this 2016 Yamaha cannot. I could not get the video to show up on my LG flat screen for quite a while until I forced the VCR to output 480i. Only then did I get video to show up on the TV. Apparently, the Yamaha can up-convert 480i to 4K through the HDMI, but it cannot transmit signals from the component inputs higher than 480i and output them through the HDMI outputs. This is shown on page 141 of the TSR-7810 manual. Even the Yamaha RX-A1050 handles component video this way. It's totally weird and a bit disappointing, but not enough to make me return it. I have a bunch of D-Theater movies in 1080i, and I have to down-convert them to 480i on the JVC deck, only to have them up-converted to 1080p by the Yamaha. The resulting video still looks pretty darn good, but it's not quite as crisp as I remember it to be with the NAD at 1080i.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
scad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page