Pioneer Announces new Elite receivers the 55TXi and 53TX - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #121 of 136 Old 07-25-2003, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI, you CAN get the 53TX for less than $999. At that price, it is almost equal to the 55TXi!!! Of course, I shouldn't say that for certain until I actually receive mine. From what I heard from Josh, it should be shipping starting next week (for those that pre-ordered) - the 55TXi I mean. I don't know about the 53Tx.

Talk to DocDVD (jlehman@docdvd.com) - he works with an authorized dealer (I've verified it on Pioneer's website AND verified their address as well). Since as an authorized dealer they cannot advertise lower than MSRP, I won't say their exact price (at least what I was quoted), but it is definately less than MSRP (and also less than $999 for the 53TX).

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 136 Old 07-25-2003, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yes, the 55TXi is available and I should have mine Monday or Tuesday!
Check out
http://www.soundpros.com/index.cfm

Should be an interesting piece.

Regards,

dc

StayThristyMyFriends
post #123 of 136 Old 07-25-2003, 11:24 PM

Only thing about SoundPro is I couldn't find their store on the Pioneer List of Authorized retailers (used zip code of 92126 as listed on their website). I'm sure everybody knows, but I've heard people having problems w/ service if they did not purchase their Pioneer receiver from an authorized dealer. Especially for a new product just being rolled out, I would definately make sure it is from an authorized dealer.

However, on SoundPro's website, the did specify that they will honor the manufacture's warranty and have it fixed for you.
post #124 of 136 Old 07-25-2003, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I looked at the specs of the 55TXi at the soundpros website and they took they specs of the45TX and put it on the 55TXi because it still says it has a 5-band eq and doesn't mention the firewire port in the big list of features and specs.

Daniel Smith

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake; you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else ... We are the all singing all dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
post #125 of 136 Old 07-25-2003, 11:44 PM

I know that the 53TX can be 'found' from authorized dealers at a price below Tweeters.

My point, question is this; "Why is Tweeters, a store that usually doesn't give you much of a break off the MSRP, suddenly selling an item that supposedly lists for $1500, for $999. Surely it's not out of the goodness of their hearts.
It 'seems' that there's something else. I'm not sure what, but something that doesn't fit the norm.

As far as Soundpro's, They're not an authorized dealer. They will, however, repair any item at their expense.

(not in any way related,just aware of how they handle things)

I agree, I'd rather purchase from an authorized dealer unless you can get a great price,the vendor is reputable, and you happen to live in the vendors city.

Check out Soundpro's and other online-etailers customers feedback;

http://www.excelsis.com/1.0/section....id=18&/Acoust/
post #126 of 136 Old 07-26-2003, 02:00 AM
Advanced Member

FYI, 55TXis will be in first of this coming week! 53s will be shipping soon, but no exact date yet! I will have 20 of them available through my various authorized dealers across the US!

Josh Lehman
ISF/HAA Master Technician
THX Level II Certified Technician
Digital Audio Video.com
post #127 of 136 Old 07-26-2003, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
This is pure speculation on my part, but could it be that Tweeter simply made a mistake? The units aren't in stock yet. They're not on the shelf with a price tag. They're still in the category of, "Coming Soon!"

I'd bet that if you tried to give Tweeter money right now for one of those units, they wouldn't take it. I would be more interested to hear what price they charge after the units are actually in the stores, and you can walk out the door with one.

It may very well be that $999 is the price they end up charging, and I agree, that seems odd from Tweeter. But hang on a little longer, and see if that holds up.

Jim
post #128 of 136 Old 07-26-2003, 08:16 AM

Is there a new model of the 47TX coming out?

Keith
post #129 of 136 Old 07-26-2003, 08:22 AM

The $999 price may not be all that unusual. Check out the thread on "Denon 3803 - Purchase Online?" - it seems Tweeters (and many of your other B&M retailers) are very willing to give a good price to move products. The chain may have ordered a huge quantity to get a better price point, get a nice slotting fee, and are just trying to dump some of the "excess" inventory (one MAIN source for how 3rd party "unauthorized" dealers get their inventory) - PLUS, there may be a very nice commission (don't know how Tweeters work so I'm guessing) on pushing the 53Tx (see above).

BTW, based on other prices I've heard for the 53Tx, even at $999, it is at least a 30% markup!
post #130 of 136 Old 07-27-2003, 04:26 PM

Does anyone know if the 55txi will have video switching?
post #131 of 136 Old 07-27-2003, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 166
uh!, ya..........

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #132 of 136 Old 07-27-2003, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I don't think there's a receiver today that doesn't do video switching even a KLH receiver.

Daniel Smith

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake; you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else ... We are the all singing all dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
post #133 of 136 Old 07-27-2003, 07:04 PM

sorry, I meant video conversion... I figure since the 55txi is replacing the 45tx, which doesn't do conversion, it's unlikely that the 55 will, but I can always hope...
post #134 of 136 Old 07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You mean video "UP"conversion, correct?
Like composite to s-video and/or composite and s-video to component.
I'll let you know when mine arrives, hopefully tomorrow (Monday).
I would suspect composite to s-video, that's probably about it.

Regards,

dc

StayThristyMyFriends
post #135 of 136 Old 07-27-2003, 09:16 PM

Actually, while I am interested in the video upconversion to component, I'm more concerned at the moment with finding out whether the 55txi will send an s-video input to a composite record out.

May the postal gods smile on you tomorrow! (I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing someone's impressions/review! <grin>)

Thanks.

Sam
post #136 of 136 Old 07-28-2003, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sam you would want video down conversion which doesn't exist there are not products that do that. But you could buy an adaptor for s-video to composite. If the source you want to record has s-video it probably has composite so you should connect it with composite and s-video to the same input on the receiver and it should automatically select s-video but when you want composite just unplug the s-video cable from the source and the receiver should select composite.

Daniel Smith

- Tyler Durden
Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page