Denon AVR-S710W + Amazon Echo Dot + 5.1 Surround - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-12-2017, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon AVR-S710W + Amazon Echo Dot + 5.1 Surround

**Warning: Newbie Alert**

I'm looking for the best way to have my Amazon Echo Dot play through my Pioneer SP-PK22BS 5.1 surround speakers regardless of input selection on my Denon AVR-S710W receiver. Kind of like an omnipresent audio source that never turns off and mixes with whatever audio source is currently playing through my receiver.

For example, if I'm watching TV and I give the Dot a command, I'd like to hear the audio confirmation of the command through the surround speakers without the receiver changing inputs and my TV continuing to play uninterrupted. Or if I want to hear music I can just tell the Dot to play music and it will come through the surround speakers without me having to tell my receiver to switch to a particular input first.

I think an audio mixer might be what I need but I'm worried putting one in between the receiver and the speakers/wall plate connections might disrupt what the receiver is doing when it sends the signal to the speakers over the speaker wire. Doesn't the receiver power the speakers? If so, does that power pass through the mixer? Also, I see a lot of mixers with input/output combinations that don't seem to match up with bare speaker wire connections. Is there a product that exists and uses the same connection type? Sorry if these questions seem idiotic. I'm just kind of new to most of this and I'm afraid of damaging my components.

Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page