Speaker AMP (under 170$) (Klipsch RP-160M) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Speaker AMP (under 170$) (Klipsch RP-160M)

Hi Guys,

I wanted to make a small thread about an amp for my new 2.0 Desktop setup, which I will buy next month. Thus far I have chosen the Klipsch RP-160M as my speakers, but an amp is still an issue.

You see, I have a space for the RP's, but not much, I am looking for something in the neighborhood of 7" x 5" x 2 14/16".
I am new to the speaker amps, my DAC/(head)AMP combo is Audio-GD NFB-15, which will serve as DAC for this AMP and one of my first choices was SMSL SA-98E (yea, Class D), but I am little bit worried as I have read some of the reviews bellow (other countries' Amazon sites as well) and found a few unsettling posts, such as there is some low frequency roll-of and such.

What do you think? Is the Class D only choice for me with this size limit? I really do not feel like going with some huge Class A products such as
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...-s201_black_u/ - these things are so useless for me, I want just an only an AMP (remote is nice, tho...).
Is Class D still being considered as a castaway by community?

Would you mind recommending me something in this price range?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement