Receiver for audio only - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Receiver for audio only

For my kid's ballet studio, there is a studio with ceiling mounted speakers (WHY???). The music played in there includes some fairly loud hip-hip which blew them out.

Considering changing out the ceiling speakers (likely 6", possibly larger) for new ones and adding a sub with a new receiver.

Any suggestions on the above? Literally lowest bang for the buck.

We don't need an A/V receiver as we run audio only, but that may be the only route for the $

The current receiver is a very basic Sony, likely the DH130 or a predecessor 2 generations back. I'm guessing with 90watts/2ch it's already the best bang for the $

will a 3rd party bluetooth device permanently attached to it die a fast death or hold up?

what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 256
How many speakers? With something like the Yamaha AVRs I've used, you could run four: left, right, surr left, surr right and play music in 7ch Stereo mode for more coverage, less need to max out volume. Or run four speakers as left and right each in zone 1 and zone 2, Party Mode.

I'd have to check manuals to ensure this would work as I recall....

A basic AVR would allow them to add a small flat screen at some point for showing video or presentations from laptops.

\\ Sent from my mobile device //

Hey, folks. A 10-line signature on a post of only 3 lines is a joke. Cut your sigs down to no more than 4 lines, 'kay??
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors