Home Theater Receiver Selection HELP! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-2017, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Home Theater Receiver Selection HELP!

I have always been a fan of pioneer elite. Was looking at the SC 99. But I see the LX801. I'm also wondering about maybe Dennon there 7 series or the Marantz. Please give me any input if you own any of these recievers. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I have owned several Denon receivers, a Pioneer Elite, and a Marantz (SR-7008) and am currently on my second Yamaha and not looking back. Pioneer today is not the Pioneer of old, it is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Onkyo. As Onkyo has had and, based on current posts here and elsewhere, continues to have QC issues I would not buy a Pioneer myself. That notwithstanding, IMO Pioneer receivers are not quite as nice as D&M products and Yamaha products.

Their automatic room calibration (MCACC and MCACC Pro) lags behind both YPAO and Audyssey. As far as basic sound quality goes I doubt seriously anyone could tell the difference between any of these. In the end, I chose Yamaha Aventage based on superior build quality (all steel/aluminum construction) and what I perceive to be better reliability based on what I've gleaned here and on Reddit and home theater shack forums. I will say too that I like the styling of the Yamaha Aventage line as well.

Yamaha Aventage RX-A660
Martin Logan Motion 12 Mains
Martin Logan Motion 8 Center
Martin Logan Motion 2 Surrounds
SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer
Sony Bravia XBR-55X930D
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 293 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12907 Post(s)
Liked: 5950
The Denon X7200WA is the current "flagship" Denon/Marantz AVR and although a few years old, is still able to pass 4k/HDMI 2.0a(HDR10)/HDCP 2.2 video. It is a 9CH model able to expand to 11CH using an external 2CH amp similar to the Marantz SR7011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors