Suggestion to pick Amp for Klipsch rf 7 ii - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2017, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Suggestion to pick Amp for Klipsch rf 7 ii

Experts,

I need a suggestion to finalize receiver/amp for Klipsch rf 7 ii

I love rock genre and i watch a lot of movies. Music + Movies 50:50

So far i have these options and which would be best

Receivers:
Yamaha 3060 BL & 3060
Marantz sr7011
Denon x6300h or x7200wa
Onkyo tx rz900

Integrated amplifiers:
Sony TAA 1ES
Yamaha as1100

And it's going to be 2 channel for few more years may be later i will upgrade.
So which one would be best??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 143
My first choice would be the Yamaha RX-A3060, then the Marantz 7011. I would drop the Onkyo from the list.Too many problems with their AVR's at this time. As for the decision of Integrated amplifiers it would seem to be a waste of money if you intend to go for upgrading to a larger sound stage (either 5.1/2 or 7.1/2) in just a few years. This is something you may change your mind on sooner than you think. Also I would consider going to separates as another option. The Yamaha CX-5100 and an amp from Outlaw like the 7140 should last a very long time and provide excellent quality for both music and movie listening. Just my thoughts on your current wants and future needs. If you insist on just an integrated amp at this time I surely would not invest as much money on your two choices just to get to more channels in the "near" future. Go to a site such as Crutchfield and do a compare of their many Integrated amp choices and select one from their models listed that don't cost as much. Just some more options to consider. Don't know how many of these suggested are available to you in your location. Good luck.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for a detailed response @Phanto m52, my problem is with availability at my location. If i import stuff the items cost double the price
The options i listed mostly from the best deals i have here. ONKYO is out of the list.
How about Denon x7200wa?
If available i would have gone for simple preamp or processor with outlaw monoblocks for my budget.
If i only have 2 fronts ( rf 7 ii s) with a avr such as 3060 or 7011 or x7200wa ... will the sarround processing work properly or there will be a mode to use only 2 channels?

Sorry for many questions, am just starting in this area so.

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsitiveguy View Post
Thank you for a detailed response @Phanto m52, my problem is with availability at my location. If i import stuff the items cost double the price
The options i listed mostly from the best deals i have here. ONKYO is out of the list.
How about Denon x7200wa?
If available i would have gone for simple preamp or processor with outlaw monoblocks for my budget.
If i only have 2 fronts ( rf 7 ii s) with a avr such as 3060 or 7011 or x7200wa ... will the sarround processing work properly or there will be a mode to use only 2 channels?

Sorry for many questions, am just starting in this area so.

Sorry about that long post. Shipping and cost for those suggestions never entered my old mind. Yes the 3060,7011 or X7200wa, will have the feature to just listen in stereo. Also later if and when you decide to add more speakers for surround sound you will have the capability to do so with any of these AVR's. It seems to me to be a toss-up on your three AVR choices. I'm partial to Yamaha's due to their reliability. Then it would be the Marantz 7011 although I hate their "little" window display for seeing what mode is playing. I don't like Denon's although I have not heard one for a very long time,maybe if I listened to one now that may change. Doubt it though. Never consider them anymore. The 3060 and 7011 both have very good room eq IMO. But so does the 7200wa. Seems like your decision comes down to price. Have no idea the difference in price between the three where you are located. Good luck and hope this will help you out in some way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors