Onkyo TX-RZ810 for new construction ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Unread Today, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Onkyo TX-RZ810 for new construction ?

We are building a new house.. we have two larger TVs 65"+ with 5.1 in one.. and 6.1 in another.
We have xbox one & xbox one s & xbox 360. We also have terabytes of movies, some 4k now.. Cable provider is Verizon Fios.

We are thinking of getting two Onkyo TX-RZ810 .. thoughts?
In one location there is a 20ft conduit to a closet where I could put the Onkyo.. out of sight..

We like the basic harmony remotes ...
We also have alexa everywhere..

The above is only $699 right now.. from multiple sources.. and seems to have chromecast and airport included...

I am open to any suggestions..

-Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Today, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I had my TX RZ810 for a week before the hdmi board failed. Seems to be an uncommon issue for this model receiver it seems like. Others on here aren't fans of the sound it produces. Not sure if it still needs to be tweaked after calibration. I thought it sounded great after calibration. Just a few tweaks here and there. But, overall it sounded great. Reviews on them through third parties says it's a great receiver. Is $700 your max budget?
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post
I had my TX RZ810 for a week before the hdmi board failed. Seems to be an uncommon issue for this model receiver it seems like. Others on here aren't fans of the sound it produces. Not sure if it still needs to be tweaked after calibration. I thought it sounded great after calibration. Just a few tweaks here and there. But, overall it sounded great. Reviews on them through third parties says it's a great receiver. Is $700 your max budget?
Mine failed after the first week as well. All network options just disappeared from the menus and it was stuck on "now initializing" for those inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
hometheater , Onkyo