Originally Posted by Timothy1180
Enough of me rambling on. Onkyo/integra and Yamaha are great to me. Pioneer would be next choice. Than Anthem. Than Sony es. Than marantz. Than denon.
I would rank Sony ES last. They might sound good (never owned one), but you get more features for your money with the other brands..what I don't like about Sony ES....even the new ones that just came out (e.g. STR-ZA1100ES):
1. Network functions require a wired connection to your router- Really? Can't access network functions over wifi?
2. No Phono input- Minor gripe, as not many people play records anymore, but for the price of the ES, other brands include a phono input
3. Front-panel USB port for firmware updates and backing up receiver settings (no audio or video playback capability)- Really? I can't plug in a portable music player in the front (IPOD, MP3) and play music? Very odd....
4. no Airplay, Spotify or any other music services
5. NO WIFI OR BLUETOOTH------This is the real killer for me.....maybe someone can confirm, but I can't find wifi or bluetooth in the owners manual of the new STR-ZA1100ES......that's insane....however, previous ES models also didn't have wifi or bluetooth...
These may seem like minor gripes, but if you're forking over ~$1,000 for the new STR-ZA1100ES, you can do better feature wise with the other brands.