Upgrading Receiver (going slim): Onkyo 809 vs Pioneer s520
Hello Everyone. I was an active member a long time ago, but now I'm back with a new username. Anywho, I've recently moved into a new place and upgrading everything. I have yet to pick the speakers to replace my old setup, but I've been eyeing a new receiver. The room is 14'x22' with the TV on the narrower end. Will I lose anything with the Pioneer s520 over the Onkyo 809 other than power and 2.1 channels I won't be using? I really like the slim design which makes it much easier to manage in slimmer consoles vs the massive receivers of old.
Other specs/details on my setup:
- On Blurays, the volume gets cranked to about 70, not sure what that equates to in RMS power
- This setup will be used primarily for movies/tv/games and some music
- 4k TV of some sort... OLED to replace my Samsung PN60E7000 eventually
- Speakers... going smaller. Ditching the towers for something more compact. Maybe some Energy Take 5 Classics or splurging for flat panel speakers on table stands for my LR
- 14'24' of drywall. One side is open (it's a loft).
- Speakers will likely only be a 5.1 setup. The s520 does not support Dolby Atmos... will a guy like me that appreciates good movie audio and loves movies notice?
Thanks in advance!