Looking for recommend on 5.1 processor - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-05-2017, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looking for recommend on 5.1 processor

My Emotiva UMC-1 just bit the dust, well, really it mostly works but it seems a CEC signal from an Nvidia Shield caused it to enter into a loading loop that it wont come out of. The manufacturer has no answer other than we'll give you a discount on a new item. And while thats generous I dont really have the $1000 for the current UMC-1 equivalent. Im a civil servant on a civil servants wage.

So my question is what can I replace it with that is in the $500-$600 range that has pre-outs (I have a Sunfire 5x200 amp) and a second zone? Thats really my most basic requirements. I dont have an extravagant system, mostly play music and watch movies in my mancave and occasionally send the signal outside (with an older Adcom amp) to my patio. I dont need the latest greatest sound field processing or correction software/capabilities.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Liked: 984
post #3 of 4 Old 08-05-2017, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, the yamaha looked interesting but I've never purchased a refurb model. Is that something I shouldnt worry about?

post #4 of 4 Old 08-06-2017, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

So Im hoping I didnt do a stupid thing... I purchased a refurbished Integra DHC - 40.1 from accessories4less

Its been a long time but back in the day I owned Onkyo and was very happy with the performance, in fact the model I had in my military service days (cant remember the model) was one of the best receivers I've ever owned. I purchased other Onkyo products through the years and was always satisfied. However I started looking more in depth (like a dummy after my purchase) at Integra processors (not necessarily the DHC - 40.1) and saw that many of them have been having big troubles with the HDMI board. The thing that got my attention was the 2 year manufacturers warranty versus the 1 year most of the rest offered.

Anybody have any experience with the DHC - 40.1?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page