Can a Denon AVR-X4300H handle 5.1 + 2.1 speakers in the same room? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can a Denon AVR-X4300H handle 5.1 + 2.1 speakers in the same room?

I'm in the market for a new receiver, and I've been looking at the Denon AVR-X4300H.

However, after looking through the manual, I'm not quite sure it can handle my setup.

What I would like to do is have my Mirage OMD speakers set up in 5.1 mode with my SVS subwoofer.

But I would like to use my powered Genelec 8030A speakers in the same room for 2-channel material.

The real trick is that I would like to use my SVS subwoofer with *both* the Mirage OMD speakers *and* the Genelecs.

Is there a way to do this with AVR-X4300H? If not, is there a similar receiver out there that could handle it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 272
I believe what you are wanting to do is possible except you can't use the same sub for both set ups. I'm no expert and someone else may have better information on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds x 4 * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs x 2 * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 378 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15054 Post(s)
Liked: 7263

post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post
I'm in the market for a new receiver, and I've been looking at the Denon AVR-X4300H.

However, after looking through the manual, I'm not quite sure it can handle my setup.

What I would like to do is have my Mirage OMD speakers set up in 5.1 mode with my SVS subwoofer.

But I would like to use my powered Genelec 8030A speakers in the same room for 2-channel material.

The real trick is that I would like to use my SVS subwoofer with *both* the Mirage OMD speakers *and* the Genelecs.

Is there a way to do this with AVR-X4300H? If not, is there a similar receiver out there that could handle it?
The Owner's thread for the 4300 model:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Please post all questions and comments about the denon 4300 in the owner's thread. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page