Does this amplifier is ok for my sound system speakers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By head_unit
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does this amplifier is ok for my sound system speakers?

I wanna know if I can connect sound system speakers to a pioneer amplifier, pioneer ak10-k to be precise (I want to get rid of this sound system because it does not work properly and take up too much space).
The sound system speakers are from an AIWA NSX S909
Spoiler!

and the amplifier the pioneer mentioned above:
Spoiler!


If the answer is "Yes, you can connect them" how? Because my speakers has two cables per speaker (One is blue and the other one has black and white) and the pioneer user manual only show 1 cable (black and white).
Spoiler!


I really don't know about this and I need help.

Thanks in advance.
jorge_yokiro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 09-18-2017, 11:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
head_unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I can't see the detail in the Pioneer picture, but assume that the top speaker terminals are A and the bottom B.

So connect your left speakers blue wire to the red left terminal on the Pioneer, and the black/white wire to the black terminal. Be careful there are no loose wires sticking out. The repeat for the right side. That should work.

The receiver could blow up those little speakers, so watch out with the volume control. You will be fine so long as IF IT SOUNDS DISTORTED/BAD TURN IT DOWN.

Then save up some money for better speakers
GIEGAR likes this.
head_unit is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 09-18-2017, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by head_unit View Post
I can't see the detail in the Pioneer picture, but assume that the top speaker terminals are A and the bottom B.

So connect your left speakers blue wire to the red left terminal on the Pioneer, and the black/white wire to the black terminal. Be careful there are no loose wires sticking out. The repeat for the right side. That should work.

The receiver could blow up those little speakers, so watch out with the volume control. You will be fine so long as IF IT SOUNDS DISTORTED/BAD TURN IT DOWN.

Then save up some money for better speakers
Thanks for the answer!! You sure I can connect the white/black in the same black terminal? (-). Because those cables should be connected like this in the sound system:

Spoiler!


(Top blue, bottom black and white)
jorge_yokiro is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 71,780
Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15331 Post(s)
Liked: 7488
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge_yokiro View Post
I wanna know if I can connect sound system speakers to a pioneer amplifier.
Nope. Those speakers are designed to only be connected to the HTIB amp they came with. Purchase a set of regular speakers that have the same +/- speaker posts as does the Pioneer amp.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Nope. Those speakers are designed to only be connected to the HTIB amp they came with. Purchase a set of regular speakers that have the same +/- speaker posts as does the Pioneer amp.
Which set of speakers better than those can you recommend me? Is for music and PC.
jorge_yokiro is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 71,780
Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15331 Post(s)
Liked: 7488
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge_yokiro View Post
Which set of speakers better than those can you recommend me? Is for music and PC.
Better to take your max budget and listening requirements and post in the Speakers forum linked below ...

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Better to take your max budget and listening requirements and post in the Speakers forum linked below ...
Thank you
jorge_yokiro is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
head_unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Nope. Those speakers are designed to only be connected to the HTIB amp they came with. Purchase a set of regular speakers that have the same +/- speaker posts as does the Pioneer amp.
Yes. Sorry, I could not realize that from the initial pictures (great job posting pictures by the way). There are many speakers out there from $60/pair to >$100,000, so you need to decide upon:
- Your budget
- Speaker size. Now, your Pioneer seems like a quite nice amp. However, it does not have capability to properly connect a subwoofer. So you want ideally tower speakers IF you can fit them, to get low bass. I made a haiku:
Bigger is better for bass
but of course
takes up more space
Well, maybe it's not an official haiku
Anyway, the point is where are you trying to fit the speakers, now AND in the future, because speakers last a LONG time.
head_unit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off