Center channel speaker not working on Harman Kardon AVR-230 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Center channel speaker not working on Harman Kardon AVR-230

I just purchased the HK avr230 (used) and had it for about 4 days now. I've hooked everything up and no sound will come from the center speaker. I have ran a tone test for all three channels and the tone DOES come from the center but no sounds/voices at all. I have hooked up bluray player to the receiver via optical cable to test it and it still does not work. The audio is playing as if the center channel is there (Dialogue is quiet when centered on the screen), but still no audio. I have also hooked the center channel speaker to the left and right channels to make sure it works fine and it does.Already did the factory reset hoping it will works but same result. I would appreciate any and all suggestions! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15333 Post(s)
Liked: 7488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezar View Post
I just purchased the HK avr230 (used) and had it for about 4 days now. I've hooked everything up and no sound will come from the center speaker. I have ran a tone test for all three channels and the tone DOES come from the center but no sounds/voices at all. I have hooked up bluray player to the receiver via optical cable to test it and it still does not work. The audio is playing as if the center channel is there (Dialogue is quiet when centered on the screen), but still no audio. I have also hooked the center channel speaker to the left and right channels to make sure it works fine and it does.Already did the factory reset hoping it will works but same result. I would appreciate any and all suggestions! Thank you!
Are you using a multi channel surround mode and not STEREO? If yes, return it and get your money back.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Are you using a multi channel surround mode and not STEREO? If yes, return it and get your money back.
im running multi channel

post #4 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Make sure you have your center channel selected (yes) in your receiver's speaker configuration set-up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargent0628 View Post
Make sure you have your center channel selected (yes) in your receiver's speaker configuration set-up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
it is already selected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page