Emotiva XMC-1 w/atmos and dtsx worth it? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2017, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Emotiva XMC-1 w/atmos and dtsx worth it?

It looks like it atmos and dtsx addon should be out shortly and will come in at $3k. I can get it for about $2250 with my discount. I've been intrigued by the product and have been waiting a long time to get into the height channel game. I currently have umc200 and pretty happy with it. I've had for about 2 years and bought it used for about $375. Is the height channels really going to make that difference(plan on 5.1.4 configuration) and dirac really all that people taught it to be? I've debated on just getting a cheap receiver that has atmos/dtsx/preamp outs and spending the rest on room treatments(right now..the room has a dividing velvet curtain on one side).

Having said all of that, I do have the WAF to buy the XMC-1 when it comes out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2017, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 437
The XMC-1 is available now, just not with Atmos yet. It's probably a good idea to wait until it ships with Atmos built in since all XMC-1s will need to be shipped to Emotiva for the upgrade from what I've read over on the Emotiva Lounge.

Assuming you already have external amps and want to use them get an AVR with preamp out jacks. I'd look for something refurbished from Accessories4Less. Great people to deal with and their prices are very good. If you can hold out for Atmos on the XMC-1 then your UMC-200 isn't a bad option. I had one for about 6 months and found it easy to use as long as you didn't bother with their poorly designed room correction.

Yamaha CX-A5000 - VTA ST-120 (6550 output tubes) - Salk Song Towers - Oppo 103
Vinyl Room: Emotiva PT-100 - Acurus A100 amp - Acoustic Research AR-2ax - Marantz TT42 - Oppo 103
Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the decency to write and thank her ~ WC Fields
post #3 of 5 Old 09-23-2017, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

I suppose I'm a bit of an emotiva fan boy. I have the xpa5 gen2 and a a700 which I bought to run the height channels(they let me trade in my broken xpa gen1 for $300). I normally would have posted in the emotiva board but I was trying to get an unbiased(non fanboy) opinion...lol

post #4 of 5 Old 09-23-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 2713 Post(s)
Liked: 2553
I was told by Rory@Emotiva that development of Atmos for the XMC-1 will not proceed until after the RMC-1 development is complete.

Therefore Atmos for the XMC-1 is likely a long wait. I'm guessing 2019 at the earliest. If you are a fanboy then you are used to the long delays.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

No kidding...They never hit a "deadline"...but as a pseudo fanboy, just a gluttony for pain...lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page